Update On Hoose Rice

42 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thanks guys, left the hospital, one day at a time eh.  It's hard when you've given everything to something that's failed and even my birthday this week the childrens mum couldn't muster up a birthday card.

Oh, you'll get used to that. I doubt my son even knows when I was born.

As far as the kids go, it doesn't mean they don't care. I think most kids think of birthdays as something that happens to them, rather than adults.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Looking forward is the only way mate, don't dwell on the could've and should've.

And as for thinking you let the people down who care about you, I think you have just answered that yourself. Ask yourself, if someone you cared about was in your current position, how would you see it? That they let you down, or you want to help them get better?

Stay strong brother.

Mate, in all honesty and I swear it on my children I would have cards made by the kids, flowers on the table to see a present or ten wrapped up so she can share that moment with the kids opening them.  I didn't get so much as a card, 4 days after going into a mental ward in hospital and when I got upset about it I was told I'm manipulative,  lying to suit my agenda (what agenda, I tried to die ffs) and she was busy and I was an inpatient so it didn't matter.   8 years, three children and I mean nothing to her apart from her somehow seeing me as an enemy when all I tried for the last 18 tiresome months was to please her enough to try get my family back.

I'm being honest it's the end for me and it's scary but going forward my head is more clear than it's been for years.   I don't wish to argue upset or hurt the kids mum I just don't want her as part of my life as humanly possible and I'll be there for my children to teach them, when I can being bitter and twisted like her because she didn't know her own dad isn't the way to live life and I pray to god they are kind and thoughtful as much as my parents are.  

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Oh, you'll get used to that. I doubt my son even knows when I was born.

As far as the kids go, it doesn't mean they don't care. I think most kids think of birthdays as something that happens to them, rather than adults.

As true as it is, my daughter especially would have loved to make her daddy a birthday card and my little boy will be wondering what's happened that dad isn't even on the phone today.  

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

As true as it is, my daughter especially would have loved to make her daddy a birthday card and my little boy will be wondering what's happened that dad isn't even on the phone today.  

It reads as though things are falling apart for you a bit as far your family goes; I've been there, and I've known people who've been in the same boat.

Just do your best for your kids and forget about what you aren't able to do anymore; things that are without your control. If you can keep doing the right thing and show that you love them, they'll see it over time. It doesn't help with the pain in the short term, but you can end up in a better place in the long run.

50 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You have to accept that there are people out there, yes, even people we have loved, that do things that are mean.

We, you, have no control over that and what we can't control, we shouldn't spare time or energy on.

It's really tough just now but there will be gifts of love you will share in the future.

This is a gem that speaks of letting go and the real beauty is that there are tunes to replace what has drifted into the ether 

All the best @Hoose Ricesounds like your going through a hard time with your family situation but however it works out your children would rather have you around, post on here any time, as others have said there is some ammount of nonsense posted but when it comes to the important stuff folk are here for you, here's airdrie and hibs player jim black wishing you happy birthday

Inkedjim black_LI.jpg

14 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thanks guys, left the hospital, one day at a time eh.  It's hard when you've given everything to something that's failed and even my birthday this week the childrens mum couldn't muster up a birthday card.

You live and learn I suppose and it's only forward from now on.

Thank you again everyone and when it's not so overwhelming I'll reply to everyone that was in touch.  It's just a bit tough at the moment being back home and feeling I let down people who care so much for me.

f**k the Hearts ;)

👍

Keep on keeping on

15 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You live and learn I suppose and it's only forward from now on.

Thank you again everyone and when it's not so overwhelming I'll reply to everyone that was in touch.  It's just a bit tough at the moment being back home and feeling I let down people who care so much for me.

f**k the Hearts ;)

We all hate the Hearts, take it one step at a time, it is a cliche but it is true when you are where you are, f**k knows I have been there far too often.

You won't do it, but stop feeling you have let anyone down, the fact you are still here means more to them than you will ever know & that is what you need to hold onto when it starts its nonsense.

Birthday caird pish I know, but keep fighting & feel free to PM me anytime you are struggling, it doesn't go away overnight but you are over the worst of it simply by still being here. A lot of people end it without giving themselves that chance, so give yourself credit for not succumbing to it.

And just because it can never be said enough, We all hate the Hearts.

14 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Mate, in all honesty and I swear it on my children I would have cards made by the kids, flowers on the table to see a present or ten wrapped up so she can share that moment with the kids opening them.  I didn't get so much as a card, 4 days after going into a mental ward in hospital and when I got upset about it I was told I'm manipulative,  lying to suit my agenda (what agenda, I tried to die ffs) and she was busy and I was an inpatient so it didn't matter.   8 years, three children and I mean nothing to her apart from her somehow seeing me as an enemy when all I tried for the last 18 tiresome months was to please her enough to try get my family back.

I'm being honest it's the end for me and it's scary but going forward my head is more clear than it's been for years.   I don't wish to argue upset or hurt the kids mum I just don't want her as part of my life as humanly possible and I'll be there for my children to teach them, when I can being bitter and twisted like her because she didn't know her own dad isn't the way to live life and I pray to god they are kind and thoughtful as much as my parents are.  

PM'd you bud.

Fantastic to see you back posting hoose rice. I can’t really add to anything that’s already been said. 

I know what it’s like to feel like there’s only one way out too, just know it will get better. It always does.

All the best.