Hoping to avoid a repeat of the time I turned up late at Love Street, just as Arbroath were scoring a goal, and then spent the rest of the game not realising that Arbroath had actually scored another even earlier goal. Pretty surprising when the 3-2 to Arbroath scoreline was announced on Radio Scotland as I sat in traffic thinking I'd just watched a 2-2 draw.

0-0 HT
Presasony pedestrian feel to it so far. We’ve dominated the ball and had a couple of half chances from Greive headers but nothing clear cut and don’t think either keeper has made a save.
Arbroath had the best chance of the game on half time. We gave them the ball from a free kick and they ran forward and cracked the post from 18 yards, probably should have scored.
We’ll need to improve big time second half if we are going to win.

FT 0-1
No complaints, well beaten and a well taken goal at the end.
Not sure this Robinson revolution is working out tbh. One of the worst Saints performances I’ve ever seen.

Two really poor teams.

Given Saints are full time and a league above, then it was a much worse performance from us than them.

Leaving the result aside, it's super worrying how bad Saints look against a part time team.

Play like that against anyone in the top league and we'll get hammered!

Rode our luck at times but finished strongly. The second half subs made a difference. Fosu looked much more composed and linked in well. Paterson really looked lively and took his goal beautifully. I’ve rarely seen a boy happier with a goal

Poor performance from us, I was surprised to see us coming off second best physically after everything that's been written about Robinson.

Felt we were marginally better but they frustrated us with some cute timewasting in the last 10-15 minutes and we lost our concentration - no real complaints though the more professional side won.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

I actually think it’s really cute how some Morton fans still think they’re our rivals. Bless their little cotton socks.

Tbf I'm not sure @alang1993 is the world's biggest Morton fan.

Good result and the subs in the 2nd half shifted the game in Arbroath's favour.

Won't be remembered as a classic encounter, but Fosu looked like he will be challenging for a place in the starting 11 this season and good to see Paterson score the winner.

A few more cup games will get the players up to maximum fitness and ready for the new season.

Neither keepers had much to do - both teams hit the work and The Saints had a shot headed off the line, but overall Arbroath were worthy winners - they fought for every ball and in the last minutes could have scored a 2nd.