7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As much as I'd love a Saturday day out in Arbroath, since the group stage was reintroduced, the Premiership team has always been at home to the Championship side.

Good. A new ground ticked off and It means being away to you in one of the games which means less chance of having to go to the Excelsior 

Said it in our thread but we will beat Cowden and Edinburgh City and then the game v Airdrie will decide second place. Chance of a result in Paisley too

Great draw, is that us and four part time teams? I assume Airdrie are part time.  Goes without saying that anything that isn't finishing top of the group would be very poor from us. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Great draw, is that us and four part time teams? I assume Airdrie are part time.  Goes without saying that anything that isn't finishing top of the group would be very poor from us. 

If I remember correctly they are a hybrid model, maybe a mix of full time and part time?

We should be looking at a straight forward qualification here. Anything less is a complete failure. 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good. A new ground ticked off and It means being away to you in one of the games which means less chance of having to go to the Excelsior 

Said it in our thread but we will beat Cowden and Edinburgh City and then the game v Airdrie will decide second place. Chance of a result in Paisley too

Seem to remember last time we played you were on the end of an absolute doing, on national telly as well. But aye, you will of course beat us.

27 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Seem to remember last time we played you were on the end of an absolute doing, on national telly as well. But aye, you will of course beat us.

I really don’t care what happened last time and to be honest I’m no overly arsed about what happens this time either. I just think that’s what will happen and it’s hardly outrageous, it’s the most likely outcome you’ll see it in the bookie odds when the games roll around 

We might get beat every game who knows

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really don’t care what happened last time and to be honest I’m no overly arsed about what happens this time either. I just think that’s what will happen and it’s hardly outrageous, it’s the most likely outcome you’ll see it in the bookie odds when the games roll around 

We might get beat every game who knows

Sorry my reply came across much sarkier than it was meant to! I was agreeing tht you will almost certainly beat us - looking forward to playing you again actually.

5 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Sorry my reply came across much sarkier than it was meant to! I was agreeing tht you will almost certainly beat us - looking forward to playing you again actually.

Not at all and I hope I didn’t sound cheeky or dismissive of Edinburgh City either It just seems to be the way it’s been for us every year in the group stage without looking back in detail 

Beat seeds 4 and 5 and then it’s a straight shootout between us and 3rd to try and get to 9 points and the 3 best runners up. Would fancy St Mirren to win all their games, they’ll have a much more settled squad than the Part Time clubs.

We’re (Like you guys I imagine) as a part time club always missing guys who are on holidays or still 3/4 players short of a full squad, usually loan players as parent clubs like to give them games in this competition before sending them out. 

Bonnyrigg get Hibs in their group and City don't... :angry:

Ah well.. I can meet up with a guy I know if it's a trip to Paisley, or it's Wee Jimmies or Tutties if it's Cowden or Arbroath.

I've never been in an Airdrie pub....

As I'm in the Glen Clova area for the first match would have been fab had we been away to Arbroath first rather than Cowden. Apart from Edinburgh City good to have fixtures against teams we've not played in a while.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/06/2022 at 12:27, lichtie23 said:

Best pre match pubs in Paisley please Gents. 

The closest are in the west end of the town about 15 minutes walk to the North Stand where i assume the Arbroath fans will be. De Beers and the Wee Howff are the best couple in that area, but The Craigie and The Tartan Rose are closer to the ground. Alternatively you could stay in the town centre and go for the Bankhouse or The Old Swan and jump on a two minute train from Gilmour St to St James before KO, the station is just across the road from the ground.

I think a lot of away fans stay in Glasgow city centre these days and just get a train straight to St James, which is bad away day darts IMO.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

The closest are in the west end of the town about 15 minutes walk to the North Stand where i assume the Arbroath fans will be. De Beers and the Wee Howff are the best couple in that area, but The Craigie and The Tartan Rose are closer to the ground. Alternatively you could stay in the town centre and go for the Bankhouse or The Old Swan and jump on a two minute train from Gilmour St to St James before KO, the station is just across the road from the ground.

I think a lot of away fans stay in Glasgow city centre these days and just get a train straight to St James, which is bad away day darts IMO.

Appreciate that mate. Looking for a kid friendly place as well. Should have mentioned that in previous post