2022/23 SLC Group C

What a fucking ball for the second there. Hard lines for Alloa. That will be Alloa done then for this competition. That striker they brought on looks a right dafty. Hopefully he plays from the start on Saturday and hets himself sent off after failing to wind up Beni.

Decent showing from Alloa, after the first 25 minutes we were the better side. Clearly need to find another striker as we lack cutting edge. Another option at LB would be good too. But plenty positives there with a few players still missing too. County will be happy with the win but not a very impressive performance. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Decent showing from Alloa, after the first 25 minutes we were the better side. Clearly need to find another striker as we lack cutting edge. Another option at LB would be good too. But plenty positives there with a few players still missing too. County will be happy with the win but not a very impressive performance. 

Bit harsh on County I think, we had several more gears there if needed. 

12 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Bit harsh on County I think, we had several more gears there if needed. 

County obviously bedding in a lot of new players and I'm sure as they settle there will indeed be a few more gears available, after after all it's very early days. If you are suggesting though the plan last night was to be second best to a League One team for long spells and only secure the win in the 94th minute, I'd suggest that rather than me being harsh on County that you are being very charitable. 

4 hours ago, Waspie said:

County obviously bedding in a lot of new players and I'm sure as they settle there will indeed be a few more gears available, after after all it's very early days. If you are suggesting though the plan last night was to be second best to a League One team for long spells and only secure the win in the 94th minute, I'd suggest that rather than me being harsh on County that you are being very charitable. 

I can’t comment on the game itself,  the over all balance of play and whether or not the result might have been harsh on Alloa… but it sounds odd (to me anyway) suggesting County only secured the win in the 94th minute, considering we were ahead from the 18th and kept a clean sheet.

If Pars beat Alloa on Sat then we'll definitely have a better record than 2nd placed sides in Groups D, E & F and almost certainly than those in Groups A & G.

Basically, if we win then we'll be in the last 16 barring something very bizarre (Rovers winning at Pittodrie, Livi hitting Kelty for 6 or 7 etc)

18 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

I can’t comment on the game itself,  the over all balance of play and whether or not the result might have been harsh on Alloa… but it sounds odd (to me anyway) suggesting County only secured the win in the 94th minute, considering we were ahead from the 18th and kept a clean sheet.

I was at the game, and while there's no doubt it was an underwhelming County performance, Alloa's only shot on target was the penalty. First half County were comfortable - credit to Alloa in the second half, they came out and made it difficult for us. We didn't help ourselves at times, long punts from either Baldwin or Iacovitti into no man's land, Samuel playing almost as a sitting midfielder at times or Jordy Hiwula leading the line with no one within 25 yards or him. Lots to improve on, but like other have said plenty of changes over the last 3 games and hopefully against East Fife we'll see close to a first 11 going into the Hearts game.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Seemingly Akio has a pretty significant knee injury.  

Ice pack on the knee for him and Sims apparently at the end of the game

Akio did seem to try and come back on but was told not to risk it.

Be surprised if its significant. Sims also walked of around 30mins....so again hopefully not serious.

Both looked good when on the park.

Edwards and Olaigbe both looked excellent and finished both goals well. Edwards second was excellent. Loturi opener was excellent as well as was his overall performance

11 hours ago, Dalrystag said:

Ice pack on the knee for him and Sims apparently at the end of the game

Akio did seem to try and come back on but was told not to risk it.

Be surprised if its significant. Sims also walked of around 30mins....so again hopefully not serious.

Both looked good when on the park.

Edwards and Olaigbe both looked excellent and finished both goals well. Edwards second was excellent. Loturi opener was excellent as well as was his overall performance

One of the Highland journos was saying he left on crutches.