2022/23 SLC Group A

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Champions of Premier Sports Cup Group A with maximum points and without conceding a single goal, you'll never sing that. 

Depends how many jars you've had to be fair ...

10 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

QOS fans (Group F thread) trying to figure out why the Aberdeen/Rovers game (to decide the final best of the runners up places) is being played today and not yesterday along with the other "final" games.  Can any Dons/Rovers fans shed any light on this?

All the matches were scheduled right after the group draw was made. There was no way in the world anyone might have thought that the Aberdeen/Raith Rovers would have such a bearing on who qualifies. Anyway, as someone else has pointed out, with some teams having finished their matches midweek the “unfair advantage” argument is superfluous.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

All the matches were scheduled right after the group draw was made. There was no way in the world anyone might have thought that the Aberdeen/Raith Rovers would have such a bearing on who qualifies. Anyway, as someone else has pointed out, with some teams having finished their matches midweek the “unfair advantage” argument is superfluous.

Yes, I get that.  I honestly wasn't suggesting there was any intended unfair advantage.  It was just a case of several posters asking why the game was on the Sunday - I/we should have realised it was because of a TV scheduled game.

This game was picked because we beat Aberdeen last season. No other reason. It went as expected really. We had a few half chances but at 2 then 3 it was game over. I thought Stewart looked pretty good for Aberdeen albeit he wasn't up against much in gullan as the lone striker for most of the game.