2022/23 SLC Group A

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't know the rules inside out on this, but is a dive only a dive if you appeal for it? I would've thought that going down without contact/with very minimal contact/with contact you've instigated would equal a dive, regardless of whether you go down with your arms in the air or not.

Yeah sorry the protesting is a red herring. 

My main question is that play continued and the chance is still live so is it right to stop the game, could you not book him later? Presumably that is the rule to stop it. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah sorry the protesting is a red herring. 

My main question is that play continued and the chance is still live so is it right to stop the game, could you not book him later? Presumably that is the rule to stop it. 

I suppose if the referee deems him to have committed simulation then the game has to stop. It's no different to a player committing a foul I don't think, is it?

If a Sons player had dived and Aberdeen had the ball then I'm guessing he could've played advantage and booked him afterwards. But if he believes it was a dive, allowed play to continue, Aberdeen scored (or even won a corner) and then cautioned the player for diving it would be a bit farcical.

You're making me feel dirty sticking up for Colin Steven here. It's not something I'd usually do :lol:

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I suppose if the referee deems him to have committed simulation then the game has to stop. It's no different to a player committing a foul I don't think, is it?

If a Sons player had dived and Aberdeen had the ball then I'm guessing he could've played advantage and booked him afterwards. But if he believes it was a dive, allowed play to continue, Aberdeen scored (or even won a corner) and then cautioned the player for diving it would be a bit farcical.

You're making me feel dirty sticking up for Colin Steven here. It's not something I'd usually do :lol:

:lol: To be fair I’m not even criticising him, it just occurred to me at the time and I genuinely didn’t know the rule. 

You’re probably right anyway. 

There was two horrendous dives/falls from Dumbarton players pretty soon after that. 

Watching that again, I think his reputation has went against him. Looks like he's waiting for the contact, it doesn't come, sort of stumbles then plays on. If that's anyone of our other players then there's no booking and the game play on.

My view from the Main Stand was that Besuijen stumbled and fell on the ball which he then half-grabbed instinctively.  IMHO it should have been a free kick to Dumbarton for the handball and no booking.  I've seen him dive heaps of times and that didn't look like a dive.  

Good lads the Dons for showing up in such numbers. Might help us bin Farrell. Always had a soft spot for FifeSons’ birthplace. 

Are the gate receipts shared for each match in the sections?

I wondered if maybe the teams all got the proceeds of their two home matches only at this stage.

On 14/07/2022 at 10:17, peternapper said:

As with most clubs bit early for the loan market & getting harder to get players to travel when getting the same money in LL or juniors.

We need to ask Elgin how they managed to have 8 subs on their bench on Saturday

Looking forward to Stirling Albion tonight, it is a ground that I've not been to so another one off the list. Hopefully Aberdeen play as well as they have done in the last two games although looking at Stirling result against Raith it may be a tough game. Be interesting to see how Hancock does as looked great against Brechin/Dumbarton and it was nice of the manager to give him a run against Dumbarton after Hancock admitted he was poor against Peterhead. With Arbroath signing him as a loan player but Aberdeen cancelling it once McKenzie got injured shows how well thought of he is. 

34 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Looking forward to Stirling Albion tonight, it is a ground that I've not been to so another one off the list. Hopefully Aberdeen play as well as they have done in the last two games although looking at Stirling result against Raith it may be a tough game. Be interesting to see how Hancock does as looked great against Brechin/Dumbarton and it was nice of the manager to give him a run against Dumbarton after Hancock admitted he was poor against Peterhead. With Arbroath signing him as a loan player but Aberdeen cancelling it once McKenzie got injured shows how well thought of he is. 

Jim said he's behind MacKenzie technically and physically but deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Basically confirmed that Scales, Stewart and Hancock will all play this evening.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

He had a quiet start for us last season, but once he settled showed himself a class above L2