2022/23 SLC Group A

Thoroughly enjoyable performance tonight. Peterhead were very limited but some cracking play from Raith, and no exaggeration to say we could have had double figures. McDonald could have sat in a deckchair in his goalmouth with a flask of tea and some sandwiches and just enjoyed the sunshine. Easton looks a player on first impression but there will be far harder challenges ahead.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

At least he has a friend to warm up at ht🤣

IMG-20220713-WA0001.jpeg

Must admit I felt a bit sorry for Peterhead tonight. Having only one sub available after the shift put in against Aberdeen must have been a nightmare. Bizarre that Dundee United took their keeper on a training camp with them only days after loaning him out. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Scales giving me the fear already.

Couldn’t disagree with you more. Over the two matches Scales has been the one solid defender we’ve had. Not sure about Stewart yet, but looks slow and not decisive enough at times. Richardson has done very little and was caught out at the back post tonight which should have cost us a goal. Hancock was disappointing during his time on the pitch on Sunday, but was much better tonight. No real test for Roos yet, but he did fumble a simple ball out for a corner tonight.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Couldn’t disagree with you more. Over the two matches Scales has been the one solid defender we’ve had. Not sure about Stewart yet, but looks slow and not decisive enough at times. Richardson has done very little and was caught out at the back post tonight which should have cost us a goal. Hancock was disappointing during his time on the pitch on Sunday, but was much better tonight. No real test for Roos yet, but he did fumble a simple ball out for a corner tonight.

Thought Scales looked a bit casual (with his passing at least) last night but you can see has has something. I quite enjoyed Richardson’s attacking last night. Looks raw but could be exciting (if he learns how to score). 

Long way off ready for the league yet but hopefully Raith will be a better marker.

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Must admit I felt a bit sorry for Peterhead tonight. Having only one sub available after the shift put in against Aberdeen must have been a nightmare. Bizarre that Dundee United took their keeper on a training camp with them only days after loaning him out. 

At least unlike Dundee last season we did not end up with 3 of them playing against us. Said before starting this cup i was not really bothered by results but last night was quite embarrassing, turned into an enjoyable training session for Rovers. We have had to start more or less from scratch this season & have lost two of our main players to what looks like fairly long term injury. As with most clubs bit early for the loan market & getting harder to get players to travel when getting the same money in LL or juniors. Think Scott Brown will fit in fine at Rovers who looked good when allowed 

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

At least unlike Dundee last season we did not end up with 3 of them playing against us. Said before starting this cup i was not really bothered by results but last night was quite embarrassing, turned into an enjoyable training session for Rovers. We have had to start more or less from scratch this season & have lost two of our main players to what looks like fairly long term injury. As with most clubs bit early for the loan market & getting harder to get players to travel when getting the same money in LL or juniors. Think Scott Brown will fit in fine at Rovers who looked good when allowed 

I'm thinking we must be looking to send a few young players your way.

13 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It was a fairly clear dive.

I saw that on Twitter this morning and it looked an absolute shocker of a dive. It's like the player decides he's going to go down quite early, then realises there isn't much contact and ends up doing some sort of awkward half-arsed attempt at winning a penalty rather than just sticking the ball in the net.

2/10.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I saw that on Twitter this morning and it looked an absolute shocker of a dive. It's like the player decides he's going to go down quite early, then realises there isn't much contact and ends up doing some sort of awkward half-arsed attempt at winning a penalty rather than just sticking the ball in the net.

2/10.

Genuine question - if he goes down but keeps playing on without protesting is it right for the ref to stop the game to book him? 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Genuine question - if he goes down but keeps playing on without protesting is it right for the ref to stop the game to book him? 

I don't know the rules inside out on this, but is a dive only a dive if you appeal for it? I would've thought that going down without contact/with very minimal contact/with contact you've instigated would equal a dive, regardless of whether you go down with your arms in the air or not.