2022/23 SLC Group A

Aberdeen v Dumbarton.

I remember when Dumbarton got into the top flight in the mid 80s.  It was the only ever time I sat in the old wing stand, and I loved their classic kit (still do).  Frank McDougall scored in about 30 seconds, and we relaxed and waited for the turkey shoot to play out.  It finished 1-0.

Scottish Cup QF at Pittodrie in McInnes' first season - this game was in amongst some memorable games around the time, but again it ended 1-0.

Scottish Cup in recent times - home and away.  Both games real struggles, with a late goal sealing a  1-0 win both times.

1-0 it is tonight then - a couple of last night's results may mean a goal chase is less important in securing a seeding in the knockouts.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Aberdeen v Dumbarton.

I remember when Dumbarton got into the top flight in the mid 80s.  It was the only ever time I sat in the old wing stand, and I loved their classic kit (still do).  Frank McDougall scored in about 30 seconds, and we relaxed and waited for the turkey shoot to play out.  It finished 1-0.

Scottish Cup QF at Pittodrie in McInnes' first season - this game was in amongst some memorable games around the time, but again it ended 1-0.

Scottish Cup in recent times - home and away.  Both games real struggles, with a late goal sealing a  1-0 win both times.

1-0 it is tonight then - a couple of last night's results may mean a goal chase is less important in securing a seeding in the knockouts.

I very much doubt the score will be 1-0 tonight 😉

2 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:
16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:
Disallowed goal of the season 

More details please

Ramirez curled one into the top bin but Matty Kennedy was impeding the goalkeeper. Unfortunately Rob MacLean doesn’t understand the rules of football and is completely perplexed as to why it was chopped off. Apparently “the goalkeeper would never have saved it” means it should’ve stood.

2 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:
17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:
Disallowed goal of the season 

More details please

Nice passing move, cross from Hayes, Ramirez takes on the penalty spot, spins round and hits it in the top right corner.

Matty Kennedy apparently impeding the keeper by standing 2 metres to the left of him.

50 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, doulikefish said:
Only 12 players to pick from tonight so I'll be taking my boots just in case 

Good old Jim and his quality over quantity........

At least he has a friend to warm up at ht🤣

IMG-20220713-WA0001.jpeg