2022/23 SLC Group B

Aidan

Pretty dull group since we played Killie 4 times last season and seem to get Stenny every year. Killie win the group. We should be looking at taking 9 pooints and qualifying.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We've never managed 4 wins out of 4 in this, even under Clarke, so I wouldn't rule out Thistle winning the group.

In McCall’s two League Cups with us he doesn’t appear to have gone all-out to win these games. We’ve certainly been weaker in this competition under him than we were under Archibald, who progressed from the group stage in all of his campaigns.

I suppose there’s an argument we’re not as good a team as we were when the competition started in this format, but I just get the feeling McCall doesn’t treat it as a high priority. Which is possibly similar to how Killie have been with the competition in this guise.

Could be a fairly tight group between the top three seeds if Montrose take points from one or both of us.

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Is there any possibility that the killie v thistle game could be a tv game? Not many ties that immediately jump out as TV games? Maybe Aberdeen v Peterhead if it's the same round of fixtures?

I think it would be an appealing TV game if it was at Firhill, but it should be at Rugby Park I think and I'm not sure if they'll be as bothered. I think Premier will most likely go hard on Hibs and Aberdeen games this time.

Edited by craigkillie

I think if the fixtures are the same as last year Montrose will be at home to Kilmarnock and Stenhousemuir, away to Partick and Fraserburgh. Would be tempted to go to Partick away if it landed on my weekend off, tie it in with a night out in Glasgow but no too arsed about the rest.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Didnt you read my PM you b*****d!? 

Sorry m9, I think I double posted it and deleted the wrong one. Please send again broTher.

28 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Sorry m9, I think I double posted it and deleted the wrong one. Please send again broTher.

Jesus christ

Eta PM resent. Not made public due to potential advocating of theft......

Also, don't trust Fabregas. He is a rogue. 

Edited by Bairnardo

Milne suspended for us due to two yellows for Cove last season which is a pity, was looking forward to seeing him play. Stenny are probably due some kind of result against us since we've drawn them about 5 times in the group stages but hopefully we've got enough about us to kick off with a win.