2022/23 SLC Group D

First half had only two notable moments, both involving Quitongo. The linesman and referee seemed to take an age to chat over their wireless thingy (during the treatment) over what card to show.

Second half started looking as though we'd be camped in our half, but the other red card made a contest of it, and it was moderately more entertaining than the 1st.

For what we had on the park, I thought they played well. I'd be keen to know how long the suspended players are out for, same for news on the injured players.

Clearly miles between the sides but a couple of they goals are far worse from our point of view than I remembered at the time. Just walking through the middle of the park. Glad they tailed off in the 2nd half :lol: 

9 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

First half had only two notable moments, both involving Quitongo. The linesman and referee seemed to take an age to chat over their wireless thingy (during the treatment) over what card to show.

Second half started looking as though we'd be camped in our half, but the other red card made a contest of it, and it was moderately more entertaining than the 1st.

For what we had on the park, I thought they played well. I'd be keen to know how long the suspended players are out for, same for news on the injured players.

Baird and Gillespie are both back for next week, not that it really matters as we'd need to take something at Easter Road to go through and that's not happening.

I'm not sure I would go as far as saying we played well. It was ultimately a shite game between two sides who both had absolutely no cutting edge and we were extremely wasteful in possession. Still though, even taking into account Falkirk's own weakest area of the park being their forwards, it was a pleasant surprise how little the defence was troubled: when the team was announced I genuinely thought we'd be a total shambles and get pumped.

As it happened, the only time the defence was opened up was when McGuffie went clean through, with the other occasion they came close to scoring (Mackie's long range effort) being no reflection on the defence. Similarly we also only made two real chances ourselves with Quitongo's shot off the line (if he cuts that back instead of shooting from that angle it's 1-0) and Blues' sitter in the last five minutes. So while we really didn't offer anything in the final third, that we weren't a complete shambles with an XI we'll surely never see again - having 7 players out at once is highly unusual - is fine really.

9 hours ago, CM. said:

Clearly miles between the sides but a couple of they goals are far worse from our point of view than I remembered at the time. Just walking through the middle of the park. Glad they tailed off in the 2nd half :lol: 

You are not wrong. It took me a 2nd watch to see how bad (from a Clyde perspective) the one straight from the ko was.

Dont think I could criticise too much the one where Jake Doyle Hayes shook off two tackes, he did well - perhaps a professional foul was in order?

Clyde tightened up in the 2nd half, although at that point the heat was taking its toll and most of it was at walking pace.

Hope the guys who were looking for pubs found decent watering holes pre match 👍

28 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Watching the highlights, didn't really need to confirm it but Quitongo is a rat. Rolling about like he'd hurt himself after doing Henderson. Will suit Greenock Morton x

From the 1st minute he was at the wind up.  He's also pish which is why he tries to play the villian card.

On 09/07/2022 at 17:12, Dunning1874 said:

Considering having 7 players missing from a squad of 19, the majority of whom would be in the first choice XI, you can't really knock much in that performance. The better team outwith the period of 11 v 10, just no real cutting edge. The concern is that the only attacking players in the missing seven were Muirhead and Easdale, so it shows you where we obviously still need to add quality to the squad if we're going to score goals.

Try telling that to the board.

On 09/07/2022 at 17:45, roman_bairn said:

Always a pleasure to ensure that MorTEN won’t qualify…..emoji3.png

Remember your bucket and spade for your season ahead. Couldn't beat our depleted squad in open play with your full team says a lot for your Diddy team. How many seasons is that in the seaside league?

Remember your bucket and spade for your season ahead. Couldn't beat our depleted squad in open play with your full team says a lot for your Diddy team. How many seasons is that in the seaside league?

Remember my bucket and spade?
We’ve been down do long the spades rusty and there’s a hole in the bucket. You can buy them off me cheap next season though……

On 09/07/2022 at 17:15, badgerthewitness said:

Putin-worshipping wanks.

On 09/07/2022 at 17:25, Rudolph Hucker said:

🤔 Care to explain that one to the world, Einstein?

Well, 30 hours on and still complete radio silence......    As expected, Bugger the Witness has just picked a few random words and blown them out his arse. First post I've noticed of his since the good ship Falkirk sank a few years ago, but in a world full of change it's nice to see that some things remain constant. 👍😁

17 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Well, 30 hours on and still complete radio silence......    As expected, Bugger the Witness has just picked a few random words and blown them out his arse. First post I've noticed of his since the good ship Falkirk sank a few years ago, but in a world full of change it's nice to see that some things remain constant. 👍😁

48 hours now & I'll bet you're still reduced to a salty, broken froth.

motherhucker.gif