2022/23 SLC Group D

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Don’t get me wrong, I understand why it’s the case - I just wouldn’t rush back.  The pitch will certainly be a great leveller against bigger teams.  You do need to sort the entry/exit though - it looks like new seating that are causing the problem, but having people file in/out single file is daft.

I thought we were pretty rubbish last night, first 15 aside.  Looked so vulnerable to height at set pieces again.  The way we play needs more space to do well, and as soon as teams (or pitches!) crowd is, we really struggle.  Thought you guys deserved a win tbh.

Aye, the entry/exit is a bit chaotic. 

Someone else was complaining about a lack of online ticket options, official attendance was 1,507 (from 2,400 capacity). We absolutely need to be sorting ticketing and entry out. Cant rely on paper printed tickets for bigger games, and solely pay at the gate for smaller ones. 

Cowdenbeath in the playoffs was an excellent example of doing it right. Tickets easy to buy online with a QR code entry scanner, and despite also having essentially one entrance, it was easy to get in and out. Maybe something we can look at improving for next year. 

Edited by ham89

4 minutes ago, ham89 said:

Aye, the entry/exit is a bit chaotic. 

Someone else was complaining about a lack of online ticket options, official attendance was 1,507 (from 2,400 capacity). We absolutely need to be sorting ticketing and entry out. Cant rely on paper printed tickets for bigger games, and solely pay at the gate for smaller ones. 

Cowdenbeath in the playoffs was an excellent example of doing it right. Tickets easy to buy online with a QR code entry scanner, and despite also having essentially one entrance, it was easy to get in and out. Maybe something we can look at improving for next year. 

You could certainly have had a few hundred more Bairns there last night.

Good luck for the season.  It’s great to see new teams get into the SPFL leagues (especially at the expense of Cowdenbeath!!).  I suspect you’ll be comfortable this season and have something to build on.

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

You could certainly have had a few hundred more Bairns there last night.

Good luck for the season.  It’s great to see new teams get into the SPFL leagues (especially at the expense of Cowdenbeath!!).  I suspect you’ll be comfortable this season and have something to build on.

Thanks very much, hope you're right! 

Likewise, hope you lot do well. I was at Stirling Uni when Falkirk used to train there, so minor soft spot to see you progress back up. 

54 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Some of the criticism of Easdale is a bit unfair. The loan striker role is a hard role to play and he had little of no service.

He's in dire need to go out on loan and this should have happened last season for the boy to gain experience.

He's warmed the bench for most of his career then he suddenly gets pitched in as a loan striker role.

No one gains out of this, not the player, the club or the fans. 

Not blaming Dougie as he has no squad to work with and has to utilize every player including Easdale. 

I have no idea what level he should be playing at but you could potentially ruin the boys career by continually playing him right now.  

He already went out on loan and did nothing there.

It's long past time for everyone involved to accept that he has no career in football, at least on the playing end of the bargain. This Adam Coakley mk.II situation is likely to turn toxic very soon if they don't. 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Some of the criticism of Easdale is a bit unfair. The loan striker role is a hard role to play and he had little of no service.

He's in dire need to go out on loan and this should have happened last season for the boy to gain experience.

He's warmed the bench for most of his career then he suddenly gets pitched in as a loan striker role.

No one gains out of this, not the player, the club or the fans. 

Not blaming Dougie as he has no squad to work with and has to utilize every player including Easdale. 

I have no idea what level he should be playing at but you could potentially ruin the boys career by continually playing him right now.  

He's 22 now he's not some youngster that needs to he loaned out to gain experience. 

He's the son of a major investor who based solely on ability has no right to be anywhere near a Championship club nevermind actually playing games for one. That's the reason he's been warming the bench (at best) up until this season. 

He's still employed by the club for one reason only, and any other player with his lack of ability would have been released years ago.

I agree with you that him playing does no one any good, but nothing will change and he will probably get another new contract for next season. 

2 hours ago, ham89 said:

A large part of the issues with NDP is that we have climbed from the Juniors (where this is pretty much the norm for a ground) to League 2 in a matter of a few years. 

The slope isn't great, and will be hard to fix, but the rest of the ground has seen fairly significant investment each year for the last 5-10. There's absolutely still a lot to do, but it's clear to see the improvements that have been made. 

Unfortunately, we dont have the finances of Kelty to just build a bespoke new ground, so we'll just have to be patient and keep the current model going. 

Regarding the game last night, Falkirk looked excellent in spells but obviously just lacking a little bit of match sharpness. Fully expect them to be romping League 1 next year, but who knows. Away fans were in excellent voice, really appreciated having such a vocal away support to make the evening enjoyable. Got to wish Falkirk all the best in the next round when they pump Clyde on Saturday. 

LOL at Hibs. 

I don't think you need to be too defensive about the ground, too many first world problems 😉. I come along about 6 times a season and I think NDP is a great place to watch fitba. The club has just handled 2 all-ticket games in 4 days but presumably in Lg2 there will be no segregation so fans will be able to stand along both sides where you get a good view and are right on top of the players, and can go right round to exit the park.
When I was growing up even the big grounds were shitholes so I find the modern ones a bit sterile , including TFS and my own club ICT.

I don't think parking is any worse than Kelty or Linlithgow. If you turn up at either of those for the first time, for a big game, unless you're early, parking is hard to find. And saying that the place is hard to get to (if you're parking therefore you have a car) is a contradiction. It's a mile off the City Bypass ffs. By public transport from Edinburgh it's a dawdle (and plenty pubs near the ground). BTW at Bonnyrigg it's probably much easier to get parked to the south of the traffic lights (towards Rosewell) rather than north (towards Dalkeith).

The slope is a problem and I was told by the chairman that the cost of sorting that would be "astronomical". Also there's very little room to expand. But people will have to get used to ex-Junior clubs coming into the league. Bonnyrigg are a great example of a club progressing the right way.
I thoroughly enjoyed the cup tie. It was fascinating seeing The Rose having to up their game to cope with opponents who were half a yard quicker, quicker in thought, and with a better touch, and I thought Conor Doan looks an excellent signing.

ETA - I was at Meadowbank on Saturday- wait till Falkirk have to visit that one 😂

Edited by The Mantis

4 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I know what you mean, but look at Kelty - much better place.  Still small, tight ground (much like Linlithgow Rose and others).  I don’t see any redeeming features.

pain in the arse to get to as well, despite being central belt.  I appreciate TFS would also be in that category.

Cant comment on Kelty yet as I haven't been but I look forward to it.

I enjoyed my visit to NDP last night. Good location for a stadium and the matchday experience certainly beats going to places like Dumbarton or East Fife. The pitch did have quite a slope but it didnt bother me - as others have said a good leveller which is what you want if you're the home team. Catering was decent but definitely need more than one van as took an age to get served (supposedly also ran out of pies by half time) for larger away supports. The exit arrangement was farcical though (and dangerous/ crush potential at the corner flag due to the abrupt change in level) - probably need to install turnstiles and an exit gate to the street directly behind the goal. Best of luck to Bonnyrigg for the season ahead and delighted they've replaced  Cowdenbeath whose ground resembles the town itself - an utter hole 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Since when has the League Cup been a pre-season tournament?  When did that change? It used to be part of the season.

I think the first round used to sometimes drop into pre-season but it was around the time of the group stage introduction, 2016 that it began completing before the start of the league.

Just now, ICTChris said:

I think the first round used to sometimes drop into pre-season but it was around the time of the group stage introduction, 2016 that it began completing before the start of the league.

I know, it was a dig at the fans of loser clubs who always spout its a pre-season tournament when they finish below part time sides.

Didn't realise that the suspended player in question that they fielded while failing to defeat that Morton lineup was the one Hibs signed by accident in the summer.

It's a Hibsing on top of a Hibsing on top of a Hibsing.