2022/23 SLC Group D

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Surely time for this format to be binned… glorified pre-season friendlies masquerading as ‘competitive’ fixtures.

The teams are way under-cooked, in terms of personnel and preparation. Except Hibs… they’re just utter keech.

Then that is there fault for not being prepared. The format is totally fine and is much better than friendlies.

What an absolute shithole Bonnyrigg’s ground is.  And I say that as someone whose first experience of football was Ochilview.

Ridiculous slope, can’t get in or out, no parking, tiny pitch.

I can only think of Albion Rovers as a worse place to watch football.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Surely time for this format to be binned… glorified pre-season friendlies masquerading as ‘competitive’ fixtures.

The teams are way under-cooked, in terms of personnel and preparation. Except Hibs… they’re just utter keech.

This line of thinking generally only comes from fans of those clubs who get papped oot at the group stage, and I most definitely include my own club's fans in this.

No such complaints last season of course when we won all 4 group games.

5 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

What an absolute shithole Bonnyrigg’s ground is.  And I say that as someone whose first experience of football was Ochilview.

Can only assume you didn't experience the old Brockville?

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Can only assume you didn't experience the old Brockville?

Brockville didn’t have a slope like the north face of the fucking Eiger.

(And it closed its gates nearly two decades ago)

25 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Like a lurking dug's jobby when you've got your new white trainers on the new Meadowbank awaits your visit..

39 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Central Park and cappielow must be contenders

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Like a lurking dug's jobby when you've got your new white trainers on the new Meadowbank awaits your visit..

I’ve heard bad bad things.  Shame, cos I need to visit to (re)complete the set.  At least train and pub is feasible.

7 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I quie liked it. The exits obviously need addressed but it's just an old junior ground. If I was Bonnyrigg I would keep it as uncomfortable as possible for  visitors. 

It was a much more enjoyable place to visit than newer lower league grounds such as Cove.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I quie liked it. The exits obviously need addressed but it's just an old junior ground. If I was Bonnyrigg I would keep it as uncomfortable as possible for  visitors. 

It was a much more enjoyable place to visit than newer lower league grounds such as Cove.

I know what you mean, but look at Kelty - much better place.  Still small, tight ground (much like Linlithgow Rose and others).  I don’t see any redeeming features.

pain in the arse to get to as well, despite being central belt.  I appreciate TFS would also be in that category.

Some of the criticism of Easdale is a bit unfair. The loan striker role is a hard role to play and he had little of no service.

He's in dire need to go out on loan and this should have happened last season for the boy to gain experience.

He's warmed the bench for most of his career then he suddenly gets pitched in as a loan striker role.

No one gains out of this, not the player, the club or the fans. 

Not blaming Dougie as he has no squad to work with and has to utilize every player including Easdale. 

I have no idea what level he should be playing at but you could potentially ruin the boys career by continually playing him right now.  

42 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I know what you mean, but look at Kelty - much better place.  Still small, tight ground (much like Linlithgow Rose and others).  I don’t see any redeeming features.

pain in the arse to get to as well, despite being central belt.  I appreciate TFS would also be in that category.

A large part of the issues with NDP is that we have climbed from the Juniors (where this is pretty much the norm for a ground) to League 2 in a matter of a few years. 

The slope isn't great, and will be hard to fix, but the rest of the ground has seen fairly significant investment each year for the last 5-10. There's absolutely still a lot to do, but it's clear to see the improvements that have been made. 

Unfortunately, we dont have the finances of Kelty to just build a bespoke new ground, so we'll just have to be patient and keep the current model going. 

Regarding the game last night, Falkirk looked excellent in spells but obviously just lacking a little bit of match sharpness. Fully expect them to be romping League 1 next year, but who knows. Away fans were in excellent voice, really appreciated having such a vocal away support to make the evening enjoyable. Got to wish Falkirk all the best in the next round when they pump Clyde on Saturday. 

LOL at Hibs. 

Edited by ham89

11 minutes ago, ham89 said:

A large part of the issues with NDP is that we have climbed from the Juniors (where this is pretty much the norm for a ground) to League 2 in a matter of a few years. 

The slope isn't great, and will be hard to fix, but the rest of the ground has seen fairly significant investment each year for the last 5-10. There's absolutely still a lot to do, but it's clear to see the improvements that have been made. 

Unfortunately, we dont have the finances of Kelty to just build a bespoke new ground, so we'll just have to be patient and keep the current model going. 

Regarding the game last night, Falkirk looked excellent in spells but obviously just lacking a little bit of match sharpness. Fully expect them to be romping League 1 next year, but who knows. Away fans were in excellent voice, really appreciated having such a vocal away support to make the evening enjoyable. Got to wish Falkirk all the best in the next round when they pump Clyde on Saturday. 

LOL at Hibs. 

Don’t get me wrong, I understand why it’s the case - I just wouldn’t rush back.  The pitch will certainly be a great leveller against bigger teams.  You do need to sort the entry/exit though - it looks like new seats that are causing the problem, but having people file in/out single file is daft.

I thought we were pretty rubbish last night, first 15 aside.  Looked so vulnerable to height at set pieces again.  The way we play needs more space to do well, and as soon as teams (or pitches!) crowd us, we really struggle.  Thought you guys deserved a win tbh.

Edited by Disco Duck