2022/23 SLC Group D

Should have something closer to a first choice XI today, with O'Connor, Baird, Jacobs, Gillespie and Muirhead all available again.

I'd expect O'Connor & Baird in for King & Hynes with Strapp & Pignatiello out to full back, one of Jacobs/Gillespie in for McGrattan with one of Blues/Lyon moved forward (I'd move Blues but suspect Imrie will move Lyon), and Muirhead in for Quitongo.

Our team picks itself really bar 1 area unless some of the more fringe signings get a run out

Parry
Lyon/Cuddihy - McLean - P.Grant - Rodden
Roberts - R.Grant - Gomis
Cunningham - Allan - Duthie

Suppose we could have both Cuddihy and Lyon on the park with Cuddihy in midfield in a 442

Edited by CM.

If you wanted evidence that the remaining signings are going to define the season, there it is. The squad as it stands gets relegated; that's Jacobs for Gillespie, Muirhead for Easdale and probably Quitongo for Garrity away from the strongest XI with the current squad. Players who wouldn't have got a game for us last season now being notable misses say something about where the squad is.

Thought we looked much better than Tuesday which isn't hard. More pace and energy with the front 2 of Allan and Olly McDonald causing problems.

Morton looked utterly shite. Players looked slow, unfit and unorganised. Would be very worried if I was Morton.