2022/23 SLC Group D

I don't know about anybody else, but I thought Hibs were exceedingly watchable in that second half. Not exactly good but they were on the front foot for the bulk of it and it was exciting viewing. It's not often I have that much fun watching Hibs lose a match.

On the basis of the two games so far, it looks like Lee Johnson's plan is for us to play like Man City for 45 minutes and Brechin City for the other 45. He's not quite cracked the first bit, but it's early days yet, and I'm definitely up for this brand of fitba'.

Also is Falkirk really that much of a backwater that 'Ooooh the Hibees are gay' is still acceptable patter?

Edited by Aim Here

20 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I thought Hibs were exceedingly watchable in that second half. Not exactly good but they were on the front foot for the bulk of it and it was exciting viewing. It's not often I have that much fun watching Hibs lose a match.

On the basis of the two games so far, it looks like Lee Johnson's plan is for us to play like FC Man for 45 minutes and FC Brechin for the other 45. He's not quite cracked the first bit, but it's early days yet, and I'm definitely up for this brand of fitba'.

Also is Falkirk really that much of a backwater that 'Ooooh the Hibees are gay' is still acceptable patter?

Fixed that for the benefit of Hibs' new partner club.

59 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I thought McLelland looked fine, composed and resembled a football player. As for Miller……dreadful. This Bushiri lunacy needs to come to a juddering halt, he’ll never be a footballer. What’s concerning you regarding McLelland?

He nearly cost us a goal twice, once by not clearing the ball and once by not tracking his man.

He also lost his marker for the goal.

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

On the basis of the two games so far, it looks like Lee Johnson's plan is for us to play like Man City for 45 minutes and Brechin City for the other 45. He's not quite cracked the first bit, but it's early days yet, and I'm definitely up for this brand of fitba'.

You are right, it is in no way acceptable patter, in fact it’s absolutely piss poor. A number of fans on our own thread on P&B calling it out for what it is, shameful. Apologies from the vast majority of Falkirk fans.

9 hours ago, Aim Here said:

No, it's unacceptable everywhere. Disappointed in the stewards and Police failing to get involved, hopefully the club and cops will deal with it

Saw a bit of the first half on a dodgy stream.  You can't play the way Hibs did against a full time team, regardless of what level on the pyramid they are, and not expect to concede.  You might get away with it against a part time team, but they were honking last night from what I saw.

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

🤔Certainly was the last time I was there.

And that's "only" Falkirk. God alone knows what ditties would be aired if they'd built the new stadium in Grangemouth😳

The bad news:

Only twice have clubs with 9 points failed to qualify since the group format returned.

Caley Thistle and Peterhead.

Both had a goal difference of +1 after a five-goal erse-raping.

Hang on😕. Can I say that🤔? Or is it seen as homophobic🤔?... Outwith Grangemouth, obviously🙄.

1 hour ago, Syme said:

The bad news:

Only twice have clubs with 9 points failed to qualify since the group format returned.

Caley Thistle and Peterhead.

Both had a goal difference of +1 after a five-goal erse-raping.

Hang on😕. Can I say that🤔? Or is it seen as homophobic🤔?... Outwith Grangemouth, obviously🙄.

Tasty shiteposting , 

7EE08433-203F-41A8-ABBD-5F4B2D1848C3.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Is this Syme berk another incarnation of @FortescueFotheringhamSmyth?

Same woeful posting style and fixation on betting odds. Perhaps a mod @Tynie Pecksniffcan investigate.

Well spotted. @FortescueFotheringhamSmyth was actually the previous alias of @Victor von Doom who claimed to be an atheist yet enjoyed sectarianism for the sake of it, and was hooked after his cranium entirely detached itself from his body after UEFA fined Rangers for bigoted singing and he started calling for genocidal terrorist atrocities.

Syme's first post in the 'New Posters' thread does show hints of a detached enjoyment of bigotry (" I like my Rangers fans to be of the fierce variety, rather than merely staunch."), plus the background of an Edinburgh middle class public schoolboy rebelling against his background by slumming it among the vilest and most fascist working class yobbos he can find rings true across all three nicks. Isn't there a Beitar Jerusalem or Millwall fan forum for him to infest?

Edited by Aim Here

15 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Well spotted. @FortescueFotheringhamSmyth was actually the previous alias of @Victor von Doom who claimed to be an atheist yet enjoyed sectarianism for the sake of it, and was hooked after his cranium entirely detached itself from his body after UEFA fined Rangers for bigoted singing and he started calling for genocidal terrorist atrocities.

Syme's first post in the 'New Posters' thread does show hints of a detached enjoyment of bigotry (" I like my Rangers fans to be of the fierce variety, rather than merely staunch."), plus the background of an Edinburgh middle class public schoolboy rebelling against his background by slumming it among the vilest and most fascist working class yobbos he can find rings true across all three nicks. Isn't there a Beitar Jerusalem or Millwall fan forum for him to infest?

Awkward Season 3 GIF by The Office

Outing bigots. Hands across the Avon.

Just watched the Falkirk v Hibs game highlights.

"Offside" goal was never offside, Rocky clearly plays the ball.

How the f**k did hibs not score in the second half?

The officials were atrocious even for a scottish game.

The Falkirk TV commentators are absolute rockets.

16 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Due to being challenged by a player who gained an advantage from being in an offside position.

29 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Thank christ you aren't an official then, with observations like that.

The only poor decision I can recall all game really was when Hetherington got halfed at the edge of the box near the end.

Due to being challenged by a player who gained an advantage from being in an offside position.
Yet he came in from a position behind where play was, as it had actually passed him. That the defender kicked the ball off him, whilst trying to clear, says it all.[emoji2371]

36 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Had a good think about it today and Ryan Porteous was worse last night in his 45 minute spell than any of our laughable defenders last year. I genuinely can't get over how awful he was. 

To be fair he stopped us keeping the ball up the park the whole second half but then again he was up against Oliver and Wilson in the Air. On the deck was all over the place.