2022/23 SLC Group D

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Class, when will managers learn to not put out second string teams in these games.

There is some valid comment going round that Johnson (in the 2nd half on Saturday) and the starting team tonight is trying to make a point about certain players.

.................If not, we are in deep shit !!

I hate these pre season matches.

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You still think that offside goal should have stood, not sure we can rely on your opinions tbqhwy..............

You can rely on me at most times. Tonight is one of those times.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You weren't worried by Porteous' performance?

It’s a huge surprise to see Aberdeen fans that claimed Ryan Porteous doesn’t live in their head are along to comment on said party that they are “not bothered by.”

Football’s back baby.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s a huge surprise to see Aberdeen fans that claimed Ryan Porteous doesn’t live in their head are along to comment on said party that they are “not bothered by.”

Football’s back baby.

You do realise that this was the only game on TV tonight? And I’ve never said I’m not bothered by him, I think he’s pretty funny to watch a lot of the time, particularly his two red cards against us last season. Not so funny when he scored the winner when he shouldn’t have been on the pitch though, I’ll give you that.

Edited by kingjoey

Another fun trip to the Falkirk stadium...

First half I thought we were utterly disgraceful but Falkirk harried us and played well. They should have been about 3 up by half time so we got pretty lucky to still be in the game. 

Big improvement in the second half by Hibs (we couldn't have got much worse) but my christ if we thought we had squad depth then it was emphatically answered tonight that we do not. A lesson hopefully learnt by the manager that you don't disrespect Scottish teams by starting bairns, especially away from home.

The midfield 3 pretty much all need to not be the starting 11 centre mids otherwise it's bottom 6 and sadness.

Every single defender including Porteous now have me pretty worried for the tough start to the season unless we can bring in a season-changing centre back and replacement for Doig. Our scouting over the last few years makes me doubt that :( 

Edited by Cameron1875

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Falkirk by far the better team.

No complaints from me other than our truly spineless players.

Joe Newell, Rocky Bushiri, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Josh Campbell, honking honking footballers.

Early signs but alarm bells are ringing on Kyle McClelland and Lewis Miller too.

I thought McLelland looked fine, composed and resembled a football player. As for Miller……dreadful. This Bushiri lunacy needs to come to a juddering halt, he’ll never be a footballer. What’s concerning you regarding McLelland?

I thought we were brilliant tonight and deserved the win. Effort, work rate, determination were all there as well as some decent passages of play in the first half. Could and should have been 2 or 3 up at half time. 

Definitely rode our luck in the second half and I'd love to see the "second goal" back. I was behind the goal so couldn't tell, felt like the 97 and 09 cup finals again. 

That Hibs starting 11 would struggle in the championship, they looked much more dangerous in the second half. Maybe dont take the p*ss against lower opposition?