Scottish League Cup - Group F

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

There was a notice across the screen before the start saying there would be no commentary. 

I didnt see that. I wouldn't be too bothered about no commentary but charging £10 to watch a pixellot stream with no sound at all is taking the piss. 

3 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I didnt see that. I wouldn't be too bothered about no commentary but charging £10 to watch a pixellot stream with no sound at all is taking the piss. 

Probably a last minute problem though I've no idea, just said unforseen circumstances and the notice only appeared about 10 mins before ko. 

Edit to add: OK, 10 minutes isn't exactly a last minute problem but you get my drift. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Probably a last minute problem though I've no idea, just said unforseen circumstances and the notice only appeared about 10 mins before ko. 

Edit to add: OK, 10 minutes isn't exactly a last minute problem but you get my drift. 

If they had mentioned there would be no sound at all I probably wouldn't have bought it. 

Todd off injured is shit news as well. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If they had mentioned there would be no sound at all I probably wouldn't have bought it. 

BTW, I see you lot have (Dave) McKay playing again, I assume he was injured for a bit? And starting at LCH seems a little unusual, did Dave bring some of Raith’s injury woes with him for Queens?

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

BTW, I see you lot have (Dave) McKay playing again, I assume he was injured for a bit? And starting at LCH seems a little unusual, did Dave bring some of Raith’s injury woes with him for Queens?

He's looked good so far. Still early days though. Hopefully avoids injury. 

Pretty dull half there. We haven't been poor as such but we are offering very little in the way of a goal threat. Other than Connelly's shot I can't think of anything else we've created. Elgin have been the same out with that chance near the end of the half. Hopefully up the tempo next half and get some of the young boys on for a run out. 

Maybe it's down to the lack of sound on the stream and the pixellot induced eye-strain, but aside from Connelly's shot and the Elgin striker getting through on goal this game has not been a pretty watch.  We've had plenty of possession but are struggling to get through their deep midfield/defence.

Absolutely no idea why the ref has felt it necessary to dish out 4 yellow cards, it's not been a dirty game by any stretch of the imagination.

Guest Flash
22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, bad news. Only surprise is it has happened in a match. We’ve still got the traditional training ones to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Absolutely no idea why the ref has felt it necessary to dish out 4 yellow cards, it's not been a dirty game by any stretch of the imagination.

Steven Kirkland, it’s what he does..

1 minute ago, lowland star said:

Do we need Aberdeen to beat raith tomorrow for queens to progress in cup or am I wrong ?

Did a quick look at the permutations, as long as Aberdeen don't lose by two goals QotS progress as one of the best runners up.

Yeah, crazy that we're still in with a possible chance. Trouble is Aberdeen are already home and hosed at the top of the group, so are likely to try out some squad players v Rovers.

7 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Do we need Aberdeen to beat raith tomorrow for queens to progress in cup or am I wrong ?

Yes by my reckoning Raith need to win either in 90 minutes or on penalties to progress. Any other result and QOS will progress. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Did a quick look at the permutations, as long as Aberdeen don't lose by two goals QotS progress as one of the best runners up.

Don’t think that’s correct. Raith currently on 6 points. A win in 90 minutes puts them on 9 points. Even a win on penalties puts them on same 8 points as QOS but with a better goal difference. A win for Aberdeen in 90 or on pens would put QOS through. 

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Don’t think that’s correct. Raith currently on 6 points. A win in 90 minutes puts them on 9 points. Even a win on penalties puts them on same 8 points as QOS but with a better goal difference. A win for Aberdeen in 90 or on pens would put QOS through. 

Er, Killie on 10 plus the Accies and Livi on 9 will be the best three second place qualifiers, I think Queens are out.

6 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, crazy that we're still in with a possible chance. Trouble is Aberdeen are already home and hosed at the top of the group, so are likely to try out some squad players v Rovers.

Do Aberdeen not need to win game to win group as Raith would go to 9 points