Scottish League Cup - Group F

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

We look very dodgy at the back without Elgin having to do all that much to turn us. Mahon is a particular worry. That said, MOH is getting bags of space to play on down the right and we’re obviously well in control. Bair hasn’t been involved at all other than to miss an absolute sitter.

Yeah Mahons misjudging a lot of simple things, not doing his case of being first choice in the middle much good.

Bair off injured, so we now only have one fit striker at the club, and hes scored like 1 goal in 10 months.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Mahons misjudging a lot of simple things, not doing his case of being first choice in the middle much good.

Bair off injured, so we now only have one fit striker at the club, and hes scored like 1 goal in 10 months.

If that's Stevie May, I'm not sure you're allowed to call him a striker anymore 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What was the Bair injury? I missed it. Have to say I was feeling a bit for him not getting too involved apart from the sitter and hitting the post. I think that with Carey and Murphy looking to take a shot he's not getting much service, and MOH's balls into the box are a disaster, but he's causing trouble at least.

One fit striker-that's-not-a-striker is a nightmare. I guess we couldn't recall Etuu even if CD wanted to.

We were stinking that first half but fair play to Elgin for not giving us time on the ball and pressing our terrible defence. With both wing backs playing high it's a proper back three and both Mahon and Considine look so easy to turn and aren't responding well to being pressed. 

Midfield also looking like a disaster, especially Murray. All over the park we still don't look like a unit, so many passes into space where a player isn't, though some of it's just poor passing tbf.

Remind me what those relegation odds were again?

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

What was the Bair injury? I missed it.

Im not sure as i missed it too 😂

Folk saying hes got a cut on this leg though.

Tonight we have a shape/structure and you can see the idea in terms of Murphy/Carey taking the ball central to open space wide for MOH/Montgomery.

We havent been great but its something to cling on to for me, so that's what im doing. If it continues like this Elgin will score but i think we have another in us too (unless May stinks the place out and our attack collapses).

28 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

If that's Stevie May, I'm not sure you're allowed to call him a striker anymore 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Now a genuine chance we could qualify from the group, just relying on Annan fucking up v Ayr.

Just as I was typing, not looking likely, Ayr somehow manage to miss-hit a shot that creeps inside the post. 

Could be a shoot out between Queens and saintees on Saturday. Looking at Ayr, think they might have got their goal for the season, so maybe discount them. 

Edited by Homer Thompson

4 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Just as I was typing, not looking likely, Ayr somehow manage to miss-hit a shot that creeps inside the post. 

Could be a shoot out between Queens and saintees on Saturday. Looking at Ayr, think they might have got their goal for the season, so maybe discount them. 

This Elgin side are rotten, so presumably QOS with have a chance to rack up a score as we're doing tonight.

Feel sorry for Annan, in a way. 8pts and not qualifying would be tough to take.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This Elgin side are rotten, so presumably QOS with have a chance to rack up a score as we're doing tonight.

What would be even tougher to take would be if this rank rotten Ayr side somehow snatch a win on Saturday and win the group. 

This is what im thinking/hoping. IF we can score a few and win even if you guys won you would need to equal or better the GD. Entirely possible though. Good to have a chance though.

1 minute ago, QosLoyal said:

This is what im thinking/hoping. IF we can score a few and win even if you guys won you would need to equal or better the GD. 

We need to beat Ayr by 3 goals to stand a chance, so can't see it now.