Scottish League Cup - Group F

Class that our game looks like it will be streamed, can add Elgin to the long list of clubs that are a more professional outfit than us. Looking forward to seeing just how bad we are.

Reckon the manager will go with something like this:

Parish (I have an inkling he might play Sinclair… but wishful thinking)

Cleary Considine Mahon
Brown/Wright if fit Montgomery

Hallberg McPherson

Murphy Bair Max K

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Going to try and make an effort to watch tonight, assuming the advertised stream works and Saints are just ignoring mentioning it because theyre hopeless.

Cant be arsed trying to guess a line up tbh, i dont think the manager even knows what hes planning either. Presumably we'll finally see the Gilmour at RWB experiment ended though.

Well a back 4 won't happen. I guess he will go with something like this. It would be nice to think we could change shape, maybe moving Gilmour back into the middle with Davidson to let Hallberg in between a front 2, but there's zero chance. 

Parish

MOH   Brown  Mahon Considine Montgomery

Hallberg   Davidson     

Carey     Bair    Murphy    

I'm not going either. 

14 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Class that our game looks like it will be streamed, can add Elgin to the long list of clubs that are a more professional outfit than us. Looking forward to seeing just how bad we are.

Reckon the manager will go with something like this:

Parish (I have an inkling he might play Sinclair… but wishful thinking)

Cleary Considine Mahon
Brown/Wright if fit Montgomery

Hallberg McPherson

Murphy Bair Max K

Think McPherson and Cleary will still be suspended? They were both straight reds from what I remember. 

Edit: and Max is still likely on the naughty step. He'll probably be out on loan by the start of the season. 

Given Wright wasn't on the bench at the weekend I doubt he'd start tonight. Guess you never know though. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Think McPherson and Cleary will still be suspended? They were both straight reds from what I remember. 

Both are still suspended.

Well a back 4 won't happen. I guess he will go with something like this. It would be nice to think we could change shape, maybe moving Gilmour back into the middle with Davidson to let Hallberg in between a front 2, but there's zero chance. 
                              Parish
   MOH   Brown  Mahon Considine Montgomery
                     Hallberg   Davidson     
                   Carey     Bair    Murphy    
I'm not going either. 

Spot on! Fair play, I had a nightmare as assumed Cleary and McPherson were just one game bans.

The shape is a joke now tbh. A winger at RWB, a right back at RCB, and two midfielders who would be better in a midfield 3 are instead in a 2. With the state of the squad right now why on earth wouldn’t we go

Parish
Brown Mahon Considine Montgomery

Gilmour Davidson
Hallberg

Carey Bair Murphy

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

At least Murray Davidson is still young and well capable of playing game after game after game after game.  There's zero prospect of him breaking down before the league season starts.  Zero.

In a sane world Gilmour could be used in these early LC game rotating with Davidson. 

In an even more sane world we'd have signed a holding midfielder and be using these games to get them up to speed. 

Having MOH at RWB helps a lot, sits so high up the park its no longer a back 5 in possession, as such.

Its not been perfect but we look better than Elgin, which is what we needed. 

Mahon struggling with simple high balls is a worry. Considine is completely finished but we knew that, can barely turn.

Bair misses from about a yard.

It remains worryingly easy for teams to get near our box.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mahon struggling with simple high balls is a worry. Considine is completely finished but we knew that, can barely turn.

Bair misses from about a yard.

It remains worryingly easy for teams to get near our box.

We look very dodgy at the back without Elgin having to do all that much to turn us. Mahon is a particular worry. That said, MOH is getting bags of space to play on down the right and we’re obviously well in control. Bair hasn’t been involved at all other than to miss an absolute sitter.