Scottish League Cup - Group F

Delighted that Queens are getting their cup final this season. The money generated from the black and white £ should help their league 1 promotion bid. 
The Dumfries and Galloway teams praying for Ayr at home imo

Nah Ayr away hopefully. Shite away support and their fans come here and attack our pensioners.

Glorified friendlies for me but that's not a terrible draw tbh.

Some mileage going to be racked up for Saints, and  even more so for Elgin!

Had an away day at Elgin 4-5 years or so back, but never been to Annan so all I ask is for Annan to be away, the rest will be what it is.

Ayr will be at home and Queens away I would guess as in previous seasons that’s how the fixtures have been done.

Tuesday night in Elgin sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

Disappointed to not the get chance to tick Annan off but still an opportunity to see Saints play a new team. 

There will be real pressure on Davidson ahead of this. Failure to qualify and the knifes will be back out again. 

IMG_1526.thumb.jpg.5c6449d6129c21d6786defe162f3946b.jpg

Would have liked to have ticked off Annan but will happily take Borough Briggs.

ETA: wait, a Tuesday night?! f**k off!

Where have you seen the fixtures? Can't find a link anywhere.

Just been sent this pic. Pretty pish tbh. Would have preferred Annan away. Elgin away is rank but I suppose at least it's a Saturday. 38740af0ca02479fbf19d835e9fea10d.jpg

Guest Flash
36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Where have you seen the fixtures? Can't find a link anywhere.

Just been sent this pic. Pretty pish tbh. Would have preferred Annan away. Elgin away is rank but I suppose at least it's a Saturday.

If Elgin away is a dead rubber, could play the U18s/reserves/whatever they are.

• 3 weeks later...
Delighted that Queens are getting their cup final this season. The money generated from the black and white £ should help their league 1 promotion bid. 
Thats a copy and paste job from a Falkirk thread likely. Deary me.

• 3 weeks later...

Very quiet in here but probably reflective of the interest in these early group stage games - matches do start this weekend though - two derbies in four days for us 😉

I'm very much seeing them as a build up for the real start when the league kicks off but that being said very glad to have competitive Saturday afternoon football back.

Hoping for a solid win Saturday vs Annan and then next Tuesday should be a reasonable test of where we are away to a lower end Championship side. Overall the group isn't too bad. Imagine if we did sneak second it wouldn't get us through though.  

Just assuming we don’t sign anyone this week, how are we likely to line up on Saturday?

McAdams

Houston
Musonda
McGinty
Reading

Dempsey
Murdoch
Hewitt

O’Connor
Akinyemi
Ashford

That look about right? Smith could just as easily start as Hewitt imo or Bullen might opt for a 4-4-2 and play Mitchell-Lawson on the left and two of Murdoch and Dempsey.

A group we simply cannot afford to fail to qualify from, yet it looks like we'll be using it as our pre-season.

We don't seem to have a settled line up or even system now, so it could go either way. 

On 04/07/2022 at 21:07, D'Jaffo said:

Just assuming we don’t sign anyone this week, how are we likely to line up on Saturday?

McAdams

Houston
Musonda
McGinty
Reading

Dempsey
Murdoch
Hewitt

O’Connor
Akinyemi
Ashford

That look about right? Smith could just as easily start as Hewitt imo or Bullen might opt for a 4-4-2 and play Mitchell-Lawson on the left and two of Murdoch and Dempsey.

Hope he does go with the 4–3-3. Goalkeeper and defence pick themselves at the moment.  Murdoch and Dempsey are certs with one of Hewitt and Smith. I’d lean towards Smith given his performance against Partick Thistle.

I’d like to see JML get a start instead of Ashford to see what we can do.

On paper this is certainly our easiest game of the group and one we should be winning quite convincingly. Cue an Elgin City win and heads gone on Saturday night. 

The level of enthusiasm and anticipation on here for  the Dumfriesshire derby is almost unbearable. Is this match actually on?
Actually buzzing to see us in our first competitive game tomorrow. Not much in the way of discussion here pre-match maybe because there are only 1 or 2 Annan fans on the board.