2022/23 SLC Group H

Corner taken, someone hit it saved by Ferrie, hit on half volley by French, Ferrie twists in the air and claws it away and then Jakubiak heads a looped header into the opposite corner.

Would feel sorry for Ferrie if it wasn't Dundee involved as that was a cracking double save.

Four of our five goals conceded so far have come from our complete inability to deal with crosses into the box, either from open play or set pieces. The other was a penalty. Really worrying trend already.

Ferrie with three excellent saves and still conceded twice, really unfair on him. 

Just as I type another bit of quick play down the wing deflected for another Dundee corner. Getting a lot of joy particularly down our right.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Has Murray touched the ball yet?

Had the ball squared to him about 6 yards out and seemed to be unable to get it out from under his feet. Nowhere before or since. 

Expected our toughest challenge so far tonight but that's probably the best we've played all pre-season

Well on top. Some great wing play from McGinn and linking up brilliantly with McGowan who is looking like the best player on the park tonight and it's not even close. 

Ferrie probably kept the scoreline down that half.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Expected our toughest challenge so far tonight but that's probably the best we've played all pre-season

Well on top. Some great wing play from McGinn and linking up brilliantly with McGowan who is looking like the best player on the park tonight and it's not even close. 

Ferrie probably kept the scoreline down that half.

If I have any criticism it's that Jakubiak looks slow and keeps losing the ball.

Gowser, McGinn and Marshall have linked up really well down the left. The corner routine for the 2nd was class. Gowser especially has been our best performer.

Genuinely didn't realise Mulligan was playing until after the water break, but he grew into the game as the half went on and showed some nice footwork.

Anderson has been off it.

Like the look of Savoury for Queens.

ETA: French looks better going forward than he does at the back. Not convinced he's a CB.

These are my half-time hot takes.

Thank you.

Edited by RawB93

2-0 up at half time. Two well worked goals from shortish corners. Jak should have had another 2 and Mulligan had a shot that wasn’t far away. They’ve been limited to a few long range efforts. McGinn has had a few decent crosses and Gowser is doing some good work. Only slight negative is that Max has seemed really off it. A few misplaced passes, a couple of tackles missed. Not bad overall though. 

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If I have any criticism it's that Jakubiak looks slow and keeps losing the ball.

Scored 4 in our last 5 fixtures. I'll take the sloppy play if that's his return going forward.