2022/23 SLC Group H

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

This is the most relentless, professional performance I have seen from Dundee in a long time.

It is rather aided by quite the worst defensive performance I’ve seen for Forfar in a long, long time ( which covers some utter dross).

1-0 Accies, Winter

Missed the goal as it being Accies there was only 2 turnstiles open for Accies fans & by look of the queue only 1 open for QP fans.
Likewise, pretty annoying.

We're doing quite well. Still too many gaps in the midfield when pressing, but we've looked somewhat capable of getting through QP quite easily. Might be a bit too direct but Chucky and Winter are good at chasing them down. Want scares me.

Shaun Want has regressed so much it's scary.
Injuries haven't helped him but he looks a shadow of the player who at times looked decent in the Premiership.
So bad. The second half (from everyone) was an utter disaster. The shape was a shambles and there was literally no route to goal when we got the ball. Folk will blame lack of signings but plenty of worrying signs from Rankin already.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:
Shaun Want has regressed so much it's scary.
Injuries haven't helped him but he looks a shadow of the player who at times looked decent in the Premiership.

So bad. The second half (from everyone) was an utter disaster. The shape was a shambles and there was literally no route to goal when we got the ball. Folk will blame lack of signings but plenty of worrying signs from Rankin already.

This ^^^^

First half was good to watch .. second half was shocking … no midfield, no shape , no fight .. the total opposite of the first half …

Frustrating one as it’s clear when we’re willing to pass the ball quickly and on the ground, we’re actually a threatening team but far too often we reverted to overhit punts up the park which Charlie Fox was particularly guilty of today, which of course is even more annoying as we know he’s normally terrific driving with the ball and passing it in between the lines. 

Again, the 2nd half performance was a million miles better but we really need to wake up in the 1st half of games if we’re going to give ourselves a chance. Too often we look a yard slower on and off the ball and against championship opposition, you’ll get punished which is what has inevitably happened the last 2 games 

Positives were that Jarrett was excellent in midfield and the introduction of McPake and Williamson made a huge difference with the latter in particular causing havoc up top. Savoury showed some great touches also. Special credit to Alex Bannon, first start in senior football and played like a seasoned pro. Very calm and collected on the ball and dealt with the physicality comfortably, especially against a very good striker in Andy Ryan. For me, he’s potentially played himself into starting XI for Inverness next week. 

Louis longridge continues to look a shadow of the player he was in 2021. He was awful today and I still stand by that he shouldn’t of been offered a new contract for this season. Dom Thomas was also poor and missed a glorious chance when clean through and lobbed it wide. Still waiting to see the Thomas that’s been so highly thought of by others 

Hamilton looked alright, particularly 1st half. Both centre mids looked decent but their whole team looked gubbed throughout the 2nd half and i think if the game lasted another 5 minutes or so, a winner would of arrived for us

Edited by qpfc

Random stuff

We need to be better than this. I thought Accies were shite and we should be aiming to be better than them, but it took us 75 minutes to get going. Too many misplaced passes.

Bannon was great; very encouraging.

One turnstile open for the away fans and the the least-filled pies I've ever encountered.  For all that we're complaining, hopefully we can do better than this when we eventually get back to the south side 

A very comfortable day, with just the one blot on the copy book when a black hole opened up in the Derry and drew all our defenders towards it, leaving McCluskey in acres of space to score for Forfar. The positive thing about that goal was how raging Bowyer was on the touchline. 

Glad to be seeded, but such is life we'll probably draw Ross County or Kilmarnock away. 

22 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We pretty much are. The Championship is full of diddy League 2-esque clubs this season.

That must be annoying for well stabilised championship clubs like Dundee.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

That must be annoying for well stabilised championship clubs like Dundee.

I must say, it will be refreshing having a discussion with a diddy club that we are not more successful than, after we pump you at least 5 times this season.