2022/23 SLC Group H

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough, I just see goals.

And I see a fat waster who everyone - well, almost everyone - believes is past it mentally, if not physically as well.

I do respect your faith in him, though.

Just now, locheedee said:

We didn't last time though, nor did Falkirk when they had him

I don't think we'll be signing him tbh.

I always said that I expected this to be the season rather than last where he'd get a bit more up to speed.

I'd rather a punt on someone else if I'm honest, but wouldn't be devastated.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

And I see a fat waster who everyone - well, almost everyone - believes is past it mentally, if not physically as well.

I do respect your faith in him, though.

He's no longer fat. Waster is still debatable.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think we'll be signing him tbh.

I always said that I expected this to be the season rather than last where he'd get a bit more up to speed.

I'd rather a punt on someone else if I'm honest, but wouldn't be devastated.

Yeah fair enough mate, maybe he will come good again but unless he's coming in for pennies I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

One bonus if he did come in would be he'd not be guaranteed a start under Bowyer like he was with McPake

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Pretty routine win against a shite Hamilton side.

I reckon fisher is gonna have a part to play this season, not that he had much to deal with mind

Don't think today could have went much better. 3 goals, plenty of youth players getting minutes, Bowyer able to treat the game like a friendly, clean sheet, 16 players getting a run-out, Cameron getting his first professional goal, our other striker getting off the mark and a blow to the main competition for the group on paper (although that'll probably be Queen's Park).

Happy days.

Don't think today could have went much better. 3 goals, plenty of youth players getting minutes, Bowyer able to treat the game like a friendly, clean sheet, 16 players getting a run-out, Cameron getting his first professional goal, our other striker getting off the mark and a blow to the main competition for the group on paper (although that'll probably be Queen's Park).
Happy days.
Difficult to tell much as Hamilton were so poor - can see them being bottom this season.

That being said, we played well and took our chances. The younger players impressed as well.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Difficult to tell much as Hamilton were so poor - can see them being bottom this season.

That being said, we played well and took our chances. The younger players impressed as well.

Yeah, Hamilton or Morten with their 12 man squad will be bottom this season IMO.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Boys done more in the game than anyone on this site and is coming to the end of his career.

Footballer getting criticised by being held to the standards of a footballer, haud the press.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Footballer getting criticised by being held to the standards of a footballer, haud the press.

Aye - do you criticise checkout workers etc for "being past it mentally, if not physically" too?

What about posties, police? 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Very impressed by Cameron today, deserved his goal and took it really well. It's really good to see our youth players all being of a good standard.

Have always liked the look of him since I saw him play away in a friendly against Brechin, where he scored. Must be 2 or 3 pre seasons ago now so hopefully he’s continuing to develop physically. Would imagine he’ll end up out on loan again this season though. 
Firmly believe that bringing youth players through and selling them on is utterly vital, especially for a club of our size. Delighted to have so many of them involved today. Let’s hope the future is bright. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye - do you criticise checkout workers etc for "being past it mentally, if not physically" too?

What about posties, police? 

Maybe if they were getting paid as much as he had been, aye, maybe I'd have more expectation. Or if they were what I was investing a decent portion of my own money to specifically watch perform, sure.

I'll apologise for coming across more mean-spirited than I intended (I mean mentally in the sense of tactical awareness and drive), but not for holding footballers to the standard of a professional athlete.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

14 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Have always liked the look of him since I saw him play away in a friendly against Brechin, where he scored. Must be 2 or 3 pre seasons ago now so hopefully he’s continuing to develop physically. Would imagine he’ll end up out on loan again this season though. 
Firmly believe that bringing youth players through and selling them on is utterly vital, especially for a club of our size. Delighted to have so many of them involved today. Let’s hope the future is bright. 

Aye, he's certainly became a more well-rounded player in that time. If he keeps that up through the group stage, I don't see how he couldn't fit into our league plans.

It's good to be so optimistic about our youth crop.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Boys done more in the game than anyone on this site and is coming to the end of his career.

Griffiths is only 31 years old and has been coming to the end of his career for at least a couple of seasons.  I’m not criticising him like one or two if his previous managers have.  I’m just saying it like I see it.

If he wants to continue scoring goals regularly then junior football is his best hope - and I’m not just saying that to be controversial.