2022/23 SLC Group H

20220525_142210.thumb.jpg.a17f5d407fe7b108443f736fa3b2da9d.jpg

As a championship side, the best draw possible, but we have honking record in this cup so expect that to continue and we'll end up 3rd if we're lucky.

Also gives us a wee marker on how we measure up against the different kinds of opposition we'll have in the championship.

Fixtures have been announced:

Saturday July 9
Dundee v Hamilton Academical (3.00pm)
Stranraer v Queen's Park (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 12
Hamilton Academical v Stranraer (7.45pm)
Queen's Park v Forfar Athletic (7.45pm)

Saturday July 16
Forfar Athletic v Hamilton Academical (3.00pm)
Stranraer v Dundee (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 19
Forfar Athletic v Stranraer (7.45pm)
Queen's Park v Dundee (7.45pm)

Saturday July 23
Dundee  v Forfar Athletic (3.00pm)
Hamilton Academical v Queen's Park (3.00pm)

Good run out for the Loons, not much travelling for the supporters.

As I said on our thread, pre-season workout really. If we can take one scalp just to f**k them up, job done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2022 at 17:41, Clayhole Blue said:

Looks like Premier Sports using our badge from 20 years ago.

Mind, they’re still trying to find the groups that Rangers and Celtic are in to schedule their live choices…

What are boozers like up in Stranraer for pre match?

Thank you. 

On 08/06/2022 at 19:20, Dundee-FC92 said:

What are boozers like up in Stranraer for pre match?

Thank you. 

They have a supporters' club that's fine. We also had a pint in a pub on a corner that's on the way to the ground but unfortunately I can't remember the name of it!

• 4 weeks later...

Really looking forward to Saturday. Nice length of journey, few beers and a look at some of the new guys. Beat Utrecht’s first team squad yesterday and looked pretty sharp.

Can never take too much from these games, whether you look like Pep’s Barca or a Sunday League mob. Rarely bears any resemblance to what’s ahead. If we want to have a chance of getting out of the group, we need to win our first two.

On 11/06/2022 at 00:59, tamthebam said:

They have a supporters' club that's fine. We also had a pint in a pub on a corner that's on the way to the ground but unfortunately I can't remember the name of it!

The Royal 

On 11/06/2022 at 00:59, tamthebam said:

Been a while but this is the one some of us go to. The Ruddicot is another one

THE PUB, Stranraer - Updated 2022 Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number  - Tripadvisor

Edited by Mick1867

On 03/07/2022 at 12:46, an86 said:

Really looking forward to Saturday. Nice length of journey, few beers and a look at some of the new guys. Beat Utrecht’s first team squad yesterday and looked pretty sharp.

Can never take too much from these games, whether you look like Pep’s Barca or a Sunday League mob. Rarely bears any resemblance to what’s ahead. If we want to have a chance of getting out of the group, we need to win our first two.

Aye decent away day to kick things off.

Are away fans still accommodated in the shed across from the main stand? I think the last time we were down it had wooden benches/seating but during the Covid season I noticed on the stream shiny new plastic blue and white seats had been put in  

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye decent away day to kick things off.

Are away fans still accommodated in the shed across from the main stand? I think the last time we were down it had wooden benches/seating but during the Covid season I noticed on the stream shiny new plastic blue and white seats had been put in  

I’m nearly certain the seats were in the last time we were down. Could be forgiven for being too buckled to notice tbf!