Dog Kills Man

8 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

What a bizarre take! 
You’re saying your dogs are more than capable of inflicting the same if not worse damage than the breeds you are using them as “protection” against. 
I get the point that yours are never off lead, but you must be some size of a guy if you think that you could control dogs with a combined weight of rugby league player if they decided to flip. You’re just making the problem worse, if everyone had your attitude there’d be c***s walking about with lions, brown bears or Orcas on leads. 

Hercules-the-Bear.thumb.jpg.e1eab94870e1c7738b63c546694e2080.jpg

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

What a bizarre take! 
You’re saying your dogs are more than capable of inflicting the same if not worse damage than the breeds you are using them as “protection” against. 
I get the point that yours are never off lead, but you must be some size of a guy if you think that you could control dogs with a combined weight of rugby league player if they decided to flip. You’re just making the problem worse, if everyone had your attitude there’d be c***s walking about with lions, brown bears or Orcas on leads. 

I might be wrong but it has all the hallmarks of a bs post.

There are similarities to a wind-up thread a while back on the c***s on the road page.

So , shepherds for thousands of years have used dogs to fend off predators . 

A protection problem solved by a dog

Again  , for thousands of years , people have safeguarded businesses,  property and family  , using dogs.

A protection problem solved by a dog .

The military and police use dogs in certain situations to safeguard officers. 

A protection problem solved by a dog. 

Why would those three examples not affect even the bat of an eyelid yet if I chose that route , one taken by millions of people before me , it solicits a far far different reaction  ? 

33 minutes ago, Dugbhoy said:

Again  , for thousands of years , people have safeguarded businesses,  property and family  , using dogs.

Why would those three examples not affect even the bat of an eyelid yet if I chose that route , one taken by millions of people before me , it solicits a far far different reaction  ? 

Do you sell drugs out of curiosity?

31 minutes ago, Dugbhoy said:

Is there a reason why you continue to put a space before and after punctuation marks ? 

It’s like you are some kind of AI Celtic themed troll. I’m now waiting for The Rangers equivalent to appear like a zombie.

BTW Do you leave your dog for long periods of time alone in your house?

58 minutes ago, Dugbhoy said:

What are you "protecting"?

On 22/05/2023 at 15:34, Loonytoons said:

I might be wrong but it has all the hallmarks of a bs post.

There are similarities to a wind-up thread a while back on the c***s on the road page.

^^^ called it. And I’ll admit I was suckered into a conversation on the topic. 

Poster joined in February and only a dozen posts all in the last week about his de’il dugs. 

£1 says it’s Grahame or whatever his name is. Chapeau sir, I hope it made your hole weak. 

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

Is there a reason why you continue to put a space before and after punctuation marks ? 

It’s like you are some kind of AI Celtic themed troll. I’m now waiting for The Rangers equivalent to appear like a zombie.

BTW Do you leave your dog for long periods of time alone in your house?

Is a Rangers type dug a Sachshund?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2023 at 09:34, alta-pete said:

@AndyM and @Dugbhoy

Genuine question but why do you have dogs that you won’t trust to be off the lead? 

I’ve a labrador that spends 70/80% of his time off the lead but I always take my cue from the dogs/owners coming the other way. If they’re off, I’m 95% sure the two dogs will get along just fine. If I see what I imagine is you coming, he goes straight on his lead and we’ll give you as wide a berth as possible  

Dogs are social animals. Yes, it can very occasionally get a bit rowdy requiring someone to step in but, without them interacting with each other, they’ll never learn anything from pulling on a lead. 

A huge part of dog’s ‘fun’ is being able to go run through the undergrowth exercising both muscles and scent. If permanently on a lead that experience is denied and I think I too might end up a touch crabbit with everyone else I met. 

Now, I recognise that I have the benefit of a fairly rural location. I’m not so sure my attitude would survive too long in an urban environment but that then surely further questions why have that particular breed of dog (including a 40kg Labrador) in that sort of location? 

(dons tin hat.) 

Some dogs are "runners" that will take off and not stop no matter how much you shout them back. Their recall is crap no matter how much you train them.

The breeds I have owned, Shiba Inus and Siberian Huskies fall into this category. These are not aggressive breeds and they certainly don't fall into the "aggressive penis extension" category classification that the pit bull/bully breeds fall into.  Shibas and Siberians are generally nice social dogs that like meeting other dogs but like a lot of people they don't care to get jumped all over by high energy nutcases. I have a long lead that allows my (currently only) dog to fart around in the undergrowth in the local woods, sniffing away to his heart's content.

My reason for owning those breeds are that I like primitive breed dogs and I'm not so much as fan of the squashed nose dogs. They also get you out of bed in the morning as they need proper walking and exercise and being out in the fresh air at 6am no matter the weather I find is good for my mental health.

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

Some dogs are "runners" that will take off and not stop no matter how much you shout them back. Their recall is crap no matter how much you train them.

The breeds I have owned, Shiba Inus and Siberian Huskies fall into this category. These are not aggressive breeds and they certainly don't fall into the "aggressive penis extension" category classification that the pit bull/bully breeds fall into.  Shibas and Siberians are generally nice social dogs that like meeting other dogs but like a lot of people they don't care to get jumped all over by high energy nutcases. I have a long lead that allows my (currently only) dog to fart around in the undergrowth in the local woods, sniffing away to his heart's content.

My reason for owning those breeds are that I like primitive breed dogs and I'm not so much as fan of the squashed nose dogs. They also get you out of bed in the morning as they need proper walking and exercise and being out in the fresh air at 6am no matter the weather I find is good for my mental health.

Exactly this. Got a husky/malamute knowing that she'd probably never be able to get off lead on a normal walk. We rent a field for her often to give her a good run off lead but on a normal day she's walked 5+ miles every day, Mrs empties decision for the husky she wanted a dog that'd walk as far as she walks.

She's a brilliant dog and I've never met a dog with such a strong personality, hard work but wouldn't swap her for anything (the dog, the Mrs I'm open for discussion).