Dog Kills Man

We had these South African folk move in to our street as a kid and they had a German Shepherd. I suspect they had indoctrinated it to be exceptionally right wing. It didn’t like children and would hop over their wall and chase you. It got me a couple of times, including once sinking its fangs right into my shoulder. It was great fun and kept you on your toes when out and about in the village. 

29 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_Kingdom

What the f**k is an American Bully XL?

According to wikipedia, there's been at least four deaths at the hands of these dogs in the last six months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bully#XL

American Bullys are offshoots of american pitbulls that are meant to have had the aggression bred out of them.  Absolutely fearsome looking but should behave like big lapdogs.

Im loathe to blame dogs for their behaviour, especially when so many were bred for bloodsports historically. Potentially dangerous dogs also seem to be the choice of daftys - maybe some sort of extended licensing scheme for multiple breeds.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The dog was contained and destroyed at the scene.

I don't know why media reports use "destroyed" rather than killed but I'm glad they do as it makes me laugh. 

The fucked up attitude some people have towards their dogs really can be summed up in this quote from the article:

Anyone who has come into contact with Cookie knows how much of a big fat head play boy he is. He's not aggressive in the slightest. Just thinks he's still a small pup and bounces around rather than walk.

It attacked and killed someone FFS. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The fucked up attitude some people have towards their dogs really can be summed up in this quote from the article:

It attacked and killed someone FFS. 

It just means that Cookie-Doe (fortheloveoffuckingchrist) is so dangerous that he can kill without even trying. All the more reason not to leave it in the custody of imbeciles. 

49 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I don't know why media reports use "destroyed" rather than killed but I'm glad they do as it makes me laugh. 

It's got a great air of finality to it like they went down the Pyongyang route and offed the c**t with an anti-aircraft gun.

57 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I think the intention is to make it sound like an object and not a living, breathing creature.

In reality, it sounds as if they shot it with a Death Star laser like Alderaan.

27 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I think the intention is to make it sound like an object and not a living, breathing creature.

In reality, it sounds as if they shot it with a Death Star laser like Alderaan.

Alderaan is presumably the correct thing to do whenever you come face-to-face with a slavering, halitosis-ridden maneater like Cookie-Doe.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

We're far too tolerant of dogs in this country.

We should have a shoot on sight policy for any dogs that aren't on leads when they should be, or where either dog or owner looks like a c**t. 

You've certainly widened the net a wee bit there...

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

We had these South African folk move in to our street as a kid and they had a German Shepherd. I suspect they had indoctrinated it to be exceptionally right wing. It didn’t like children and would hop over their wall and chase you. It got me a couple of times, including once sinking its fangs right into my shoulder. It was great fun and kept you on your toes when out and about in the village. 

If they named it Blondi they were ones for the watching

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_Kingdom

What the f**k is an American Bully XL?

According to wikipedia, there's been at least four deaths at the hands of these dogs in the last six months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bully#XL

What are they breeding them with?