What's your favourite one of these?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't be arsed / not allowed to including every single variant but hopefully I've captured all the key ones. I'm looking for something new to invest / waste my time, so a new -le game could fit the bill. 

I currently do Flagle, Yeardle, Redactle, and a few Heardles. How ridiculous that question would have sounded just a few months ago. 

I'm only allowed 15 polls so if yours isn't on the list, vote for the last option, then dry your eyes. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I do Globle, Wordle, Worldle, Flagle, Yeardle (occasionally), Factle (occasionally), Heardle, Heardle 70's, Heardle 80's, Heardle 90's, Actorle, Quolture, Framed, Moviedle, Posterdle.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Just tried Redactle, I expect a few computers and phones have been thrown across rooms. Took me 57 guesses, no idea if that is extreme thicko or genius level.

My first attempt took something like 600 guesses but you do pick up a few "tricks" that help with future ones (e.g. categories of words to search for or the fact you can do numbers/years). There is also an option to turn on automatic pluralisations.

I like it cos it can take quite a while, and it doesn't automatically show you the correct answer after a certain number of wrong guesses. In fact, there is no way that I can see to show the answer (without doing a complicated Google search). 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

New one up now. 35. Up ye.

Thats the one I got 16 on I think (#48?)

Beginners luck or the mark of a savante.

Time will tell. 

ETA not a spelling savant obviously.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

This would be a tossup between redactle and semantle/pimantle, but I see only redactle in the list, so presumably the latter is a bit obscure; It's just as open ended as redactle (guess till you get it) but you're guessing a single word with no clue beyond a hint as to how 'warm' your guess is to the target word, per some rather opaque, but apparently still reasonable machine-made rating of how close words are in meaning. Recommended if you need your blood pressure raised.

Edited by Aim Here

31 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

This would be a tossup between redactle and semantle/pimantle, but I see only redactle in the list, so presumably the latter is a bit obscure; It's just as open ended as redactle (guess till you get it) but you're guessing a single word with no clue beyond a hint as to how 'warm' your guess is to the target word, per some machine-made rating of how close words are in meaning. Recommended if you need your blood pressure raised.

I really really hate you and when I eventually reply to this again I'll have got today's. @mathematics give it a go.