Who’s had best season ?

Darvel winning the league and potentially the west or 

talbot winning sos cup and potentially the junior cup 

they both had good runs in the senior Scottish but Talbot would have made a lot of money out their run with accies and hearts games 

I’m a fan of this level of football and some of the games have been brilliant spectacles ,  and I would rather darvel were in wosfl and did what Talbot have done this season as lowland league is a pile of shite 

what’s every one’s thoughts ?

The league is the aim at the start of the season so Darvel have had the better season although Talbot will be content enough with their progress. I’d imagine most of the clubs in the wos will be looking for darvel to be promoted to let them all get on with their own projects and let the darvel side show move on. Best of luck to them I say. 

DL , if as you say the lowland league is a pile of shite then why join the wosfl and not just remain in the juniors. Getting a bit fed up with certain teams moaning about the pyramid , just start up the juniors again and leave those that want to try and be professional to it , easy answer. 

Arthurlie the Invincibles 

Drumchapel Utd 5 minutes away from the top league plus silverware (twice) and into the big Scottish Cup.

Yoker for reaching a Junior Cup final after about 90 years.

I'll hold off on Darvel till Saturday night.

Edited by Glenconner

14 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

DL , if as you say the lowland league is a pile of shite then why join the wosfl and not just remain in the juniors. Getting a bit fed up with certain teams moaning about the pyramid , just start up the juniors again and leave those that want to try and be professional to it , easy answer. 

Tbh it is shite, but I think most of those who are critical of it would rather it was improved than return to the junior set up. Things like more promotion and relegation to expedite movement of ambitious teams (and stop affording undeservedly high status to dross), and telling B teams to sling their hook are just two suggestions you see repeatedly. 

1 hour ago, Nikos K said:

As a fan im moaning about the pyramid as I’d rather see my club play Talbot , pollok , buffs , Clydebank etc as come November, December  this winter if we go up we will be lucky to be playing in front of 150 fans and that will be on a good day 🤦🏻‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

As a fan im moaning about the pyramid as I’d rather see my club play Talbot , pollok , buffs , Clydebank etc as come November, December  this winter if we go up we will be lucky to be playing in front of 150 fans and that will be on a good day 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'll state the very obvious, I'm sure you'll not disagree. That's not the other clubs issue. It's not the pyramids issue either. It's Darvel's issue, a project that has no growth potential or sustainability. As a long term Darvel supporter, I respect your position though.

15 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'll state the very obvious, I'm sure you'll not disagree. That's not the other clubs issue. It's not the pyramids issue either. It's Darvel's issue, a project that has no growth potential or sustainability. As a long term Darvel supporter, I respect your position though.

Yea I get it fm but u look at The  teams in that league and think there is hardly a game worth going to , but that’s just my opinion 

15 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Yea I get it fm but u look at The  teams in that league and think there is hardly a game worth going to , but that’s just my opinion 

It's a means to an end, but staying in it for any length of time could be disastrous.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

You'll be lucky to get a game at all in those monthswith that shambles of a pitch 🤦‍♂️ but nobody has had a better season than Arthurlie. To go undefeated is outstanding 

3 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

Piss easy conference and they didn't even get to a cup semi final.  Way ott reaction to season they had. 

Agree. It wasn't as if it was a real 2nd tier they went undefeated in, it was a mixture of 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier teams

The O.P. of this thread makes it very clear that he wants to make  this thread about Darvel,

Oh, and another team called Talbot.This is  the type of thread we have when the season is over,something to debate about when there is no games on.

I hope it's the lowland league forum for this nonsense next year.Good luck.

Getting through a 38 game  league season with 4 Cups - 2 finals in Talbot case - is a remarkable effort.  beating a Championship club along the way in Scottish. I've had my gripes with them in the past but let that be in the past. Talbot have been phenomenal tbh.

We had a hugely memorable season mainly in Scottish where we put out 2 SPFL clubs and done on a fraction of the budgets of clubs around us. Moff has given us lots of memories and I hope we can kick on. 

However the fantastic run to the title by Darvel - when I had Talbot crowned Champions and Paddypower would've surely paid out - I have to take my hat off. Yes a big squad and a big budget but you need to get them to perform. If they go up then I'd say they totally deserve it. 

Well done to all the teams for keeping on though. A great effort by many and whilst improving grounds for licences in some cases. It'll be a humongous league next year

Edited by BANKIEBILL

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Agree. It wasn't as if it was a real 2nd tier they went undefeated in, it was a mixture of 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier teams

It was but we also had a good run in the cups too. Managed to beat 3 premier teams and run Bonnyrigg close too. 

I think the fact the players and management managed to keep the levels up all season is some achievement even if the quality wasn’t high across all the division. 

9 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It was but we also had a good run in the cups too. Managed to beat 3 premier teams and run Bonnyrigg close too. 

I think the fact the players and management managed to keep the levels up all season is some achievement even if the quality wasn’t high across all the division. 

No matter the opposition , it was still a remarkable achievement. It would have been easy to take your eyes off the ball against weaker teams. Arthurlie didn't do that, they just kept winning.  As you say , 3 premier teams put to the sword,  Bonnyrigg were outplayed but beaten by them not to mention our recent game against Hurlford.   If we had taken our chances  we would have been out of sight. Ford showed us if you don't take your chances you will be punished as they were ruthless in front of goal. That needs to be addressed for next season . 

To answer the OPs question. Darvel are team of the season.  Winning the league is what every team sets out to do.  Winning the league trumps everything.