The Nationalisation Thread

Lex

Is rbs still state owned? iirc they took circa £26 billion in bailout money, paid themselves about £1 billion in bonuses and bought £25 billion in government gilts/bonds which the uk taxpayer is effectively paying the interest on. Edit: ahhh fred goodwin, christ i forgot about him

Also as a tangent afaik PFI is a bit of a fuckup all round. Paying huge premiums but not even getting to own the buildings/infrastructure at the end of it. Sure a fair few schools were in the news built under PFI that were crumbling, rat infested hellholes within just several years of opening.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I would nationalise everything we really need, like all main utilities - obscene the rise in energy costs when those companies are making billions in profit. I'd also abolish private schools and private health care and properly fund the NHS.

I'd also abolish the monarchy with their noncey ways and nonce-enabler head of state.

• 4 months later...

Interesting ‘disclosure’ documentary on BBC regarding the ferries last night.
I’m sure that we all knew the whole process was bent, but I think there is a bit of surprise at just how bent it was.
Nothing will happen of course, but at least the corruption of the Scottish Government is in the public domain.

I’m sure that we all knew the whole process was bent, but I think there is a bit of surprise at just how bent it was.
Nothing will happen of course, but at least the corruption of the Scottish Government is in the public domain.
Care to comment on Tories awarding their pals Covid contracts worth billions?

I'm pretty sure there was nobody from Labour or the Tories advocating that the contract should have gone anywhere but Clydeside at the time. The most shameless person in the whole lamentable saga was Jim McCall who took on the contract, promised everything, failed to deliver, and has been blaming everyone else ever since.

Edited by welshbairn

53 minutes ago, Lex said:

Sorry, missed it as I'm still trying to figure out ways of keeping my house due to the complete and total incompetency of the UK government. Did the unfolding economic clusterfuck get a mention?

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm pretty sure there was nobody from Labour or the Tories advocating that the contract should have gone anywhere but Clydeside at the time. The most shameless person in the whole lamentable saga was Jim McCall who took on the contract, promised everything, failed to deliver, and has been blaming everyone else ever since.

It’s always bizarre to hear UK Nats, known for their British jobs for British workers we need to take care of our own first, EnD oF attitude feigning horror at shipbuilding contracts not being farmed out to foreign firms.

Does WeE nIpPy still want to flood Scotland with immigrants, incidentally? Is she still hell bent on giving everything to the foreigns, or not?

Edited by Antlion

• 3 weeks later...