Annan gearing up for next season!

On 23/05/2022 at 06:11, annan4eva said:

Because he’s been rank rotten from day 1, IMO. We were hopeless last season until McMennamin came in ?

Good job your not in charge of hiring and firing the clubs manager.😁

Absolutely delighted for Annan this evening: a club that have been doing things right, and deserve all the success they get.

Since joining the league 15 years ago, they have been a shining example of how a part-time club should be organised, giving support and patience to all three of their managers, never finishing lower than 8th and finishing in a promotion play-off space in (I think) half of the seasons they've been an SPFL club. This has been a long time coming.

Exciting times ahead for the Galabankies. Not least the 4 upcoming derbies against QOTS - I'll be making sure I get to at least one of those.

What a wonderful end to an enigma of a season for Annan.  Phenomenal performances in their league cup section  creating huge expectations for the league2 campaign, that faltered early on.  But...... they fought them on the pitches, on the fields and in the ties. They never surrendered.  If Annan lasts for a thousand years men will say that this was their finest hour.  

Annan supporters will hopefully get the reference and laugh if others don't.  Well done Annan. Congratulations. Only one thing for it now. 

First time I went to Galabank it was a bizarre match that finished Annan 7 Edinburgh City 4. There was just a small shed back then although the Social Club took in some money from the thirsty City fans...

That was 25 years ago. Now Annan have a lovely little ground and are in League 1. There's some good hard working guys at the club and I hope you enjoy your celebrations.

Congratulations to your club - well deserved when you score that many goals in the playoffs.

As a London bairn the 2 away games at your place I can get to from Euston on a Saturday morning are making next season slightly more palatable. 

3 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Well done Annan. Terrific achievement. Two seasons ago I wrote you off as a club who would struggle to stay in the league. How wrong I was. The feeling of safety in Lg1 is comforting while your club pushes on to the next level. All the best.

Your wishes are well received Willie thank you. Right now id rather be in the Annan camp than yours TBH ?