Annan gearing up for next season!

16 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

I didn’t say none, I said at least 3 that I can remember from youths to first team, can’t you remember them??? And that’s not including the clubs record appearance holder who I’m sure is local and played for Annan youths.
This subject has nothing to do with the fact that we were so close to promotion this year (playing the best style of football we’ve ever played) but yet you think our manager is rotten!

Ok i best leave it at this. Name the 3 ( please don't say Pete as playing at u 12 doesn’t count ) The style I’m not arguing about, from the very start I’m saying its he haw to do with Murphy and everything changed when CM  came in last season ? Surely again that cant be a false statement its in the seasons stats. I’m really looking forward to seeing your 3 names BTW. ( SURE SOMEBODY THEW AWAY 2ND PLACE ? )

On 26/05/2022 at 21:01, Thom & Gerry said:

I don’t see a lot of players from England clamouring to play for you, Berwick, QOS or Stranraer. Perhaps they prefer the Northern leagues in England. 

Hardly surprising in our case, given that Stranraer is pretty much 100 miles from the English border.

So you’ve no idea on budget after all ? Annan my friend is on the border of England and has huge potential for recruitment ? Annan in the years in the SPFL has not promoted one single local player to the senior team from youth ranks, a fact that every single past and present manager should be ashamed off ( system is wrong ) Anyway if you think Murphys record is acceptable ?

Scott Norman, Harry Emerson and Russell Currie have all came through the youths and played first team football at Galabank in the SPFL, Under different managers as well!
Top fact from you there well done [emoji1319]

16 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

Scott Norman, Harry Emerson and Russell Currie have all came through the youths and played first team football at Galabank in the SPFL, Under different managers as well!
Top fact from you there well done emoji1319.png

What’s all the clapping ? This started with my response to a comment made regarding the manager. However, none of there lads started and finished an Annan youth system as you know. The best Scott Norman from Gretna by a mile 

( did he not break his leg ? ) Why do you seem to be taking my comments as a personal challenge ? The initial author has long gone.

The initial author is fed up of you pair and the I said you said argument! This thread was to discuss Annan signings for new season and way ahead. I regularly speak to both Peter and Colin and find both of the same mindset in looking to improve Annan. Would appreciate you guys getting back on thread. Cheers!

16 hours ago, Solway Star said:

The initial author is fed up of you pair and the I said you said argument! This thread was to discuss Annan signings for new season and way ahead. I regularly speak to both Peter and Colin and find both of the same mindset in looking to improve Annan. Would appreciate you guys getting back on thread. Cheers!

Likewise. However debate and opinion is allowed ? I was asked why i sad what i said and answered. Let’s all look forward to an improvement next season happy days.

annan4eva is clearly a troll. Ignore and he will go away. Anyone not happy with Annan's progress under Murphy is on the wind up or an absolute lunatic.

Is Goss likely to stay at Annan? Muir looks like a direct replacement style wise. Goss is based down your way I believe but I would imagine a lot of clubs will have deals in for him in this league and above.

Interesting reading the different opinions on Peter Murphy who is obviously still well thought of here in Cumbria. As a follower of Workington afc I take an interest in the cumbrian players up at annan and just wonder whether the international clearance aspect is a big factor on players not always willing to cross the border,this would probably stop loan deals from carlisle utd as well. Would have liked to see you down here for a friendly but it looks like Just Dumbarton this preseason, good luck anyway Moxon is going to be a massive miss for you

Moxon will be a big miss but it’s a good move for him to return to his home town team!

as far as international clearance is concerned know

we have had some players from Carlisle.

Would expect to have some help from Carlisle as regards loan players for this season!

On 04/06/2022 at 19:24, Solway Star said:

Jordan Lowdon signs for another season at Annan!

Just out of interest, how did Lowdon do for Annan last season?? Another one of those players that looked really good prior to joining Stirling, then got injured and didn’t live up to much.

On 30/05/2022 at 12:20, Neilly said:

annan4eva is clearly a troll. Ignore and he will go away. Anyone not happy with Annan's progress under Murphy is on the wind up or an absolute lunatic.

Is Goss likely to stay at Annan? Muir looks like a direct replacement style wise. Goss is based down your way I believe but I would imagine a lot of clubs will have deals in for him in this league and above.

Not a troll no.