Annan gearing up for next season!

Peter Murphy has resigned a number of players for next season. Excepting of course Owen Moxon 

who has signed for Carlisle Utd. Plus new players  which Murphy has no doubt got lined up this looking 

good for Annan. New pitch being laid as we speak shows how Annan are preparing. All the best lads!

2 hours ago, Solway Star said:

Peter Murphy has resigned a number of players for next season. Excepting of course Owen Moxon 

who has signed for Carlisle Utd. Plus new players  which Murphy has no doubt got lined up this looking 

good for Annan. New pitch being laid as we speak shows how Annan are preparing. All the best lads!

I was getting hopeful there when i saw resigned FFS 

On 23/05/2022 at 06:11, annan4eva said:

Because he’s been rank rotten from day 1, IMO. We were hopeless last season until McMennamin came in ?

Did you want the forum to see my answer ( pal ) or do have a contribution to make ? 

Because he’s been rank rotten from day 1, IMO. We were hopeless last season until McMennamin came in ?

Who are you referring to when you say “he’s been rank rotten from day 1 “

3 hours ago, marco44 said:

Who are you referring to when you say “he’s been rank rotten from day 1 “

If your being serious ? The thread is there to read. It’s Murphy. 1st season 7th, 2nd 4th, 3rd 7th, 4th 8th, 5th 3rd ( threw away 2nd ) Please read my comment regarding results league position before McMenammin came in.

Definately had his go for me ?

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would say, looking from afar, that’s a pretty decent return given your location and budget. I have always been impressed with him and surprised he isn’t a target for so called bigger clubs.

I’m happy to have a conversation with you. Can we please start with the budget ( can you please let us know as you say you’re aware of what it is ) Then we can move on to location with pleasure.

I’m happy to have a conversation with you. Can we please start with the budget ( can you please let us know as you say you’re aware of what it is ) Then we can move on to location with pleasure.

I know that when we last played Forfar in the play offs under Chapman, Forfar had 5 times the budget of Annan. Not sure if that will of changed much.

I’ve no idea what your budget is but I’m pretty confident there are at least 6 teams in the league with larger budgets than you, including my own team. As for location, a bit like us, you are a bit off the central belt beaten track and a lot of players not willing to travel out with their area. This makes recruiting quality players from out with your area difficult. 

2 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I’ve no idea what your budget is but I’m pretty confident there are at least 6 teams in the league with larger budgets than you, including my own team. As for location, a bit like us, you are a bit off the central belt beaten track and a lot of players not willing to travel out with their area. This makes recruiting quality players from out with your area difficult. 

So you’ve no idea on budget after all ? Annan my friend is on the border of England and has huge potential for recruitment ? Annan in the years in the SPFL has not promoted one single local player to the senior team from youth ranks, a fact that every single past and present manager should be ashamed off ( system is wrong ) Anyway if you think Murphys record is acceptable ?

37 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

I know that when we last played Forfar in the play offs under Chapman, Forfar had 5 times the budget of Annan. Not sure if that will of changed much.

So what’s Annan’s budget ? Manchester City’s wage bill is there for all to see ?

So you’ve no idea on budget after all ? Annan my friend is on the border of England and has huge potential for recruitment ? Annan in the years in the SPFL has not promoted one single local player to the senior team from youth ranks, a fact that every single past and present manager should be ashamed off ( system is wrong ) Anyway if you think Murphys record is acceptable ?

Clearly missed a few games over the years, I’ve witnessed at least 3 players from the youths playing in the first team since joining the SPFL.

I have a pretty good idea of what my own teams budget and income streams are. I don’t see Annan having a big money backer or having any different income streams than us.

I don’t see a lot of players from England clamouring to play for you, Berwick, QOS or Stranraer. Perhaps they prefer the Northern leagues in England. 

My own team have an Academy with teams at all age levels. There are a few local (north Scotland) based players in the team but only two first team players, who have been in the team for 10 or more years who have come straight from the Academy. We have seen some younger ones go to Aberdeen, ICT and Ross County. As someone who was involved in youth football for a number of years I can assure you that it is a big step from u20 football to League 2 first team. The manager is also under pressure, to first of all keep the team in the league and from punters, dare I say, like yourself, so there may but a reluctance to chance younger players.

Only my opinion, based on my years of observing the football world.

One of our most improved players last season was Charlie Barnes, a youth player from Carlisle United. Maybe not from Annan youths but the manager has no problem giving local young players a chance, Roan Steele being another.
annan4eva seems to be on another planet here

13 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

One of our most improved players last season was Charlie Barnes, a youth player from Carlisle United. Maybe not from Annan youths but the manager has no problem giving local young players a chance, Roan Steele being another.
annan4eva seems to be on another planet here

You’ve named two players ? Not from Annan. How many young lads have played in the Annan youth system since a league position was gained ? Don’t get personal, I’m only stating facts as opposed to judgment on your behalf . As you say none, and thats at best unacceptable ? 

You’ve named two players ? Not from Annan. How many young lads have played in the Annan youth system since a league position was gained ? Don’t get personal, I’m only stating facts as opposed to judgment on your behalf . As you say none, and thats at best unacceptable ? 

I didn’t say none, I said at least 3 that I can remember from youths to first team, can’t you remember them??? And that’s not including the clubs record appearance holder who I’m sure is local and played for Annan youths.
This subject has nothing to do with the fact that we were so close to promotion this year (playing the best style of football we’ve ever played) but yet you think our manager is rotten!