Best player in Scottish Football?

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not after 6 good months in Scotland.

Let's see if he kicks on.

He already has.

He's 22, physically already up to it, and tactically sound enough to play LB and CB in a run to a Europa League Final. As a full back he's more than shown he's brave enough, and physically/technically good enough to beat men regularly.

The EPL is a higher level but it's not as big a leap, to certain teams, as it seems. I think he goes to a Southampton/Brighton type and thrives.

Tavenier is an enigma.  His goals and assists stats are phenomenal for a full back, and his crossing and free kicks are generally excellent.

But in open play he often looks dogshite, whether in possession or when defending. Makes some ridiculous mistakes.

He is well suited to being a full back up here in a team that dominates.

He would be one that afficianados of stats would rave about, but folk who watched him regularly would be a bit underwhelmed.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He already has.

He's 22, physically already up to it, and tactically sound enough to play LB and CB in a run to a Europa League Final. As a full back he's more than shown he's brave enough, and physically/technically good enough to beat men regularly.

The EPL is a higher level but it's not as big a leap, to certain teams, as it seems. I think he goes to a Southampton/Brighton type and thrives.

We'll see. Several times this season I've watched him and he's been terrible.

Nobody can deny him his past couple of months though.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That’s all places like BBC Sport need to tap him up for a £20m+ move to the Premier League. Man Utd are the usual suspects for an unknown player to have stood out in a couple of European games.  

4 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

A miles past it Anthony Stokes absolutely roasted him in 2016 whilst playing left wing, if he wasn’t captain and on penalties yous would all hate him.

6 years ago. Wow. 

Take away his penalties and captaincy then he still has a phenomenal return from open play goals and assists. His numbers won't be seen for a long long time. 

19 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I’m not even sure he’s been excellent for the past couple of months, I’m sure it’s only four or five games.

4 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

6 years ago. Wow. 

Take away his penalties and captaincy then he still has a phenomenal return from open play goals and assists. His numbers won't be seen for a long long time. 

He is also one of the weakest links in your team. He cannot defend……at all, for example his positioning for Abadas goal in the 3-0 game is embarrassingly poor considering it came from a throw.

Bassey has come on to a game, looks better at centre half than left back. Was sleeping for Jotas goal in the last derby game better than Barisic however.

What I will say is Rangers always look better when Jack plays 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He is also one of the weakest links in your team. He cannot defend……at all, for example his positioning for Abadas goal in the 3-0 game is embarrassingly poor considering it came from a throw.

He is our best player...

Who do you think is better than him in the Rangers squad? 

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Holy lack of defensive awareness Batman 🦇 

On 02/09/2020 at 19:00, Jinky67 said:

And no matter your opinion of Duffy and how he compares he improves upon what we have

On 02/09/2020 at 19:19, Mr. Alli said:

I don't think Duffy is an improvement on what you already have. 

On 02/09/2020 at 19:31, Jinky67 said:

This gives me all the reassurance i need to be confident he will do very well for us. 

Tee hee hee. 

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You rate Tavernier as a defender? 😳

Holy lack of defensive awareness Batman 🦇 

He has massively improved as a defender over the past couple of years while still managing to rampage up the wing every game.

Baffling that people are claiming Tavernier is just a penalty merchant 😂

The correct answer is Callum McGregor though. The only player in Scotland that would walk in to most teams in the upper reaches of rhe EPL and not look out of place.