Best player in Scottish Football?

I think it is Craig Gordon by a mile.

Hearts have some good players, but by christ he saves them loads of points over a season.

Its not because he wins POTY awards etc, but more how he has picked himself up after being binned (no giggling at the back there) by Celtic and went to his boyhood club on a freebie.

He seems to be completely relaxed and looks like he could play for another 4 years (the b*****d !).

Currently IMO it's Callum McGregor. 

All-time, very hard to look past Roy Keane. Strolled several games up here, two medals in less than six months, and an unforgettable winning goal against Falkirk. 

5 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Currently IMO it's Callum McGregor. 

All-time, very hard to look past Roy Keane. Strolled several games up here, two medals in less than six months, and an unforgettable winning goal against Falkirk. 

Would agree with the former and fair play for doubling down after your hilarious claim in the other thread.

Bassey has been great towards the tail end of this season but he’s actually older than I thought, seems to have no real weaknesses now but will need to see if he can sustain his form now given this is his ‘breakthrough’ season.

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think there’s a reasonable chance we’ll be saying hatate in a years time. 

Hatate has looked good at times (Rangers at Parkhead), but has also looked like a waste of space at other times. Will be interesting to see how he looks with a full pre season behind him. 

Has there ever been a mention of the other Japanese January signing? Ideguchi I think he’s called. Couple of Celtic fans have told me he was held in the highest regard out of the three signings, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him on the pitch. 

Matt O'Riley is probably Celtics best hope of mega money I think. Guys class, huge, English and 21.

Hatate isn't close, Kyogo is probably too old now and McGregors chance has passed.

Bassey I thought was a donkey but his games seems to be progressing quick as f**k and he's the same as O'Riley in terms of nationality and size. Don't see any other mega sales at Rangers tbh, Kamara if he adds more goals as he's being doing maybe. Then you're looking at the young ones like Lowry.

13 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not the player of the year. 

Who's the player, John McGinn or big Virgl esq you think is a stand out in our game?

I would 100% go for Calvin Bassey. 

He’s had a great April and May, but not really caught anyone’s eye prior to that. A bit like Scott Wright suddenly becoming a Scotland player because he scored an excellent goal in a Cup Final. He has been pish at Rangers up until yesterday.

For me, McGregor is very obviously the best player in the country in terms of both how he has played this season and also taking into account a longer track record of performances. It's hard to compare goalkeepers to outfield players but Gordon is right up there, the guy has had a ridiculous season especially considering his age.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

For me, McGregor is very obviously the best player in the country in terms of both how he has played this season and also taking into account a longer track record of performances. It's hard to compare goalkeepers to outfield players but Gordon is right up there, the guy has had a ridiculous season especially considering his age.

Nice to see him on the pitch yesterday for his last game, he's pulled off some outstanding saves but you could see age catching up with him this season. 

For Rangers it's probably Bassey. He's been outstanding and became a first team regular at centre back and left back,  some of his marauding runs are amazing.

Tav is a close second, his goals and assists are unbelievable. 

For celtic there's obviously plenty to choose from with Kyogo, Meadda(spelling), CCTV, Colin McGregor etc to choose from.

But you can't ignore Kevin Clancy,  he's produced the goods for them when it mattered.

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Hatate has looked good at times (Rangers at Parkhead), but has also looked like a waste of space at other times. Will be interesting to see how he looks with a full pre season behind him. 

Has there ever been a mention of the other Japanese January signing? Ideguchi I think he’s called. Couple of Celtic fans have told me he was held in the highest regard out of the three signings, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him on the pitch. 

Ideguchi got injured against Alloa in the cup, and seems to have struggled for game time since. However, from what I've read the manager has said he's still in his plans and it's likely he'll have a bigger role next season, especially with Rogic and Bitton moving on. Hope that's right as he's a good player who was unlucky to get injured soon after arriving whilst the other Japanese signings were able to kick on.

Agree it will be interesting to see what Hatate can achieve with a full pre-season behind him.