New kits 22-23

On 29/05/2022 at 13:59, invergowrie arab said:

The rule is the visiting team have to wear the home teams change kit if they dont have a suitable alternative. It's never enforced unfortunately 

I remember a time when the home team changed, when did it change to the away side

On 29/05/2022 at 11:59, invergowrie arab said:

The rule is the visiting team have to wear the home teams change kit if they dont have a suitable alternative. It's never enforced unfortunately 

Not the same of course but a couple of years ago when Stranraer had their weird faded blue/white gradient home shirt, Coleraine turned up for a friendly with their blue and white stripes and had to wear one of Stranraer's old training shirts, or maybe a youth or reserve team shirt judging by the sponsor.

Screenshot_20220530-132739_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e0d0e4a0fc9406c914d0b64f7d60bfb3.jpgScreenshot_20220530-132647_YouTube.thumb.jpg.7f5250729eb36c51789b81524ccfb15c.jpg

17 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Both kits really nice. Especially like the away. The promo pic is tin pot though.

Again, why do things like this, trigger a reaction like this

On 30/05/2022 at 13:31, ecto said:

I remember a time when the home team changed, when did it change to the away side

Mid 80s I think.

Have footage of a few games of United in white v Aberdeen and in Europe up to about 85.

It makes sense as your more likely to have both kits on site.

It was also rarer to change with Celtic and Hibs managing fine to use both home kits for decades. Same Utd v Aberdeen.

Its better now though. In the 90s United v Hearts was deemed a clash for some reason.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Mid 80s I think.

Have footage of a few games of United in white v Aberdeen and in Europe up to about 85.

It makes sense as your more likely to have both kits on site.

It was also rarer to change with Celtic and Hibs managing fine to use both home kits for decades. Same Utd v Aberdeen.

Its better now though. In the 90s United v Hearts was deemed a clash for some reason.

I remember going to Stenny and we played in white, kinda think that must have been early mid eighties, yeh I struggle with the change for no reason, couple of seasons ago, we changed away at Airdrie and they changed when they came to Gayfield, pointless 

I remember going to Stenny and we played in white, kinda think that must have been early mid eighties, yeh I struggle with the change for no reason, couple of seasons ago, we changed away at Airdrie and they changed when they came to Gayfield, pointless 
Quite often now the change kit is worn purely for commercial reasons. There is often an agreement with the supplier/sponsor that the kit will be worn a certain number of times over the duration of the contract.

4 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
38 minutes ago, ecto said:

Quite often now the change kit is worn purely for commercial reasons. There is often an agreement with the supplier/sponsor that the kit will be worn a certain number of times over the duration of the contract.

I understand the commercial implication, that is probably involved, and every pound counts, suppose am just slightly old school

28 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, ecto said:

If that certain number agreement equates to more than 4 home games and stipulates any number of away games, it would be in breach of spfl regulations.

8 hours ago, jaggyness said:
8 hours ago, ecto said:

Especially as a lot of clubs have a different sponsor on the away top.

Thistle away to Dumbarton on Hogmanay 2005 was the worst kit clash I've ever seen, it was our fault I seem to remember as we packed our home kit by mistake, but somehow the ref OKd it and the first half was us in half red half yellow "jester" top and black shorts vs Dumbarton in yellow top and black shorts (can't remember socks for either side). From one side was almost impossible to tell the kits apart. 

Dumbarton ended up changing at half time into a white top with blue shorts, only time I've seen a half time kit change apart from the infamous Man Utd grey kit at Southampton in the 90s.

Edited by Fuctifano

16 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

If that certain number agreement equates to more than 4 home games and stipulates any number of away games, it would be in breach of spfl regulations.

Tbh, don't know if it's just me, but this is just a word salad

8 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Especially as a lot of clubs have a different sponsor on the away top.

Tbf, never considered this at all

6 hours ago, ecto said:

Tbh, don't know if it's just me, but this is just a word salad

The poster I replied to stated that:

"There is often an agreement with the supplier/sponsor that the away kit will be worn a certain number of times over the duration of the contract."

This is largely impossible to guarantee within the rules.

In terms of the rules, there is no such thing as an 'away' kit. There is a 1st choice kit, 2nd choice kit and sometimes 3rd choice kit if a club has one.

Clubs are by default required to wear their 1st choice kit at all times, home and away (except where there is a clash as determined by the referee, who then rules on the alternatives). All of this is done in the week leading up to the game so there shouldn't be much chance of clubs turning up with kits that clash.

Clubs don't get to pick and choose which kits they want to wear. They are however allowed to ask up to 4  times where they wish to wear one of their other kits for home games. There is no provision for them to ask to wear their alternative kits at any away games.

So like I said, clubs could probably guarantee to a supplier/sponsor that they would try to wear it at 4 home games but any contractual agreement outwith that would not be possible within the rules.

Edited by Jamie_M

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

The poster I replied to stated that:

"There is often an agreement with the supplier/sponsor that the away kit will be worn a certain number of times over the duration of the contract."

This is largely impossible to guarantee within the rules.

In terms of the rules, there is no such thing as an 'away' kit. There is a 1st choice kit, 2nd choice kit and sometimes 3rd choice kit if a club has one.

Clubs are by default required to wear their 1st choice kit at all times, home and away (except where there is a clash as determined by the referee, who then rules on the alternatives). All of this is done in the week leading up to the game so there shouldn't be much chance of clubs turning up with kits that clash.

Clubs don't get to pick and choose which kits they want to wear. They are however allowed to ask up to 4  times where they wish to wear one of their other kits for home games. There is no provision for them to ask to wear their alternative kits at any away games.

So like I said, clubs could probably guarantee to a supplier/sponsor that they would try to wear it at 4 home games but any contractual agreement outwith that would not be possible within the rules.

Ta