Jump to content

Carrying the WOSL flag


Recommended Posts

A tournament that started off with 161 teams this season.  The biggest in Scottish non league football
Pure class by Auchinleck Talbot.
To be fair it was the final I wanted and had Talbot for a win but the way both teams have been playing recently, (Bonnyrigg excellent, Talbot not so hot), I wasny holding too much hope for the West's Talbot but they deserved this win

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 terrible goals for Bonnyrigg to lose. They just seemed flat and disinterested, almost like they didn’t do their homework on Talbot then didn’t have a clue what to do once Plan A (tippy-tappy shit) and Plan B (Hoofball) failed to break Talbot down.

Didn’t think Talbot got out of 3rd gear tbh… and what a shite venue for a cup final. Would’ve been much better at a proper non-league ground like Shotts, Whitburn or Pollok. Any one of them could’ve handled the crowd today

Edited by Spyro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Always thought it looked a good set up at Dumbarton.

2000 seater stand with plenty of room for development if you needed it.

Never really put you in the Albion Rovers bracket.

That would be all well and good if we didn't have owners that couldn't care less about the club as a football club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shared and got heat for my previous opinion on the build up but don’t feel it was unfair. Today there wasn’t even enough match balls never mind anyone to collect the ones that went out of play. Biggest moan was the extremely aggressive stewarding, I’ve been to Tynecastle, Killie, Ibrox etc and never experienced anything like it, including one lying over the radio to try and get someone kicked out. Even trying to ignore them was a difficult task 🙈

Anyways glad Talbot got the result 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think although this was the 14-15th cup final I think the association got caught out on this ocassion. Falkirk was a decent venue, plenty of leg room a decent view, a match programme and the parking a short walk to what is a modern stadium. The fact that there was no ball boys had a surreal effect on the game with players raking around the stands for the balls or having to vault the hoardings and trek through waste ground to retrieve the match ball did ruin the spectacle a bit.

I can't fault the association members for putting their all into the venture as I spotted the lad Bamford selling programmes at the beginning of the game and them getting involved in the presentation.

I think us Junior orientated fans are resigned to the fact that the Junior Cup will end this season and todays competition will be the big trophy for our non-league status unless a national competition is formed.

I have been tail pulling a bit with the Junior comments because I have enjoyed this season and I'm looking forward to next season. I also think our WOSL blazers as they are called have done a decent job considering a 20 team top division.

There were boxes not ticked today, but I'm sure everything has been noted and will be put into place for the next final.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I think although this was the 14-15th cup final I think the association got caught out on this ocassion. Falkirk was a decent venue, plenty of leg room a decent view, a match programme and the parking a short walk to what is a modern stadium. The fact that there was no ball boys had a surreal effect on the game with players raking around the stands for the balls or having to vault the hoardings and trek through waste ground to retrieve the match ball did ruin the spectacle a bit.

I can't fault the association members for putting their all into the venture as I spotted the lad Bamford selling programmes at the beginning of the game and them getting involved in the presentation.

I think us Junior orientated fans are resigned to the fact that the Junior Cup will end this season and todays competition will be the big trophy for our non-league status unless a national competition is formed.

I have been tail pulling a bit with the Junior comments because I have enjoyed this season and I'm looking forward to next season. I also think our WOSL blazers as they are called have done a decent job considering a 20 team top division.

There were boxes not ticked today, but I'm sure everything has been noted and will be put into place for the next final.

 

Most of the signs are that the Junior Cup will still be there next season. The SJFA proposal for a new national non-league cup is for 2023-24. Doesn't look like the other league led proposal will take effect next season either. It'll be another season the Junior Cup and South Challenge by the looks of things.

For the North and Midlands leagues the Junior Cup is still their top prize and they won't want to scrap it for nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For the North and Midlands leagues the Junior Cup is still their top prize and they won't want to scrap it for nothing.

One team from North and Midlands in the quarter final.

Wonder when one of them will reach a final never mind winning it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Glenconner said:

One team from North and Midlands in the quarter final.

Wonder when one of them will reach a final never mind winning it.

 

Won't matter to them. There's no North counterpart to the SCC and only a handful will play in the Scottish Cup.

Semi finals and final in the Junior Cup come with financial guarantees. Think it was £5k in the semis and £12k in the final.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Won't matter to them. There's no North counterpart to the SCC and only a handful will play in the Scottish Cup.

Semi finals and final in the Junior Cup come with financial guarantees. Think it was £5k in the semis and £12k in the final.

£12K for a final.

And punters on here tried to say the Peasy management/committee fall out wasn't over money.

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...