Carrying the WOSL flag

1 minute ago, rockson said:

Fighting amongst ourselves?

I think all Sons fans want the team to do well but the owners to be gone.

Aye but you only need to look at the thread on here its all ‘the trust member on the board should quit’ or ‘give the board time’ then cant agree if you’re boycotting or buying season tickets or not. Doesnt seem to be a lot of unity amongst the sons just now, its a real shame to see but if you dont get your act together and see what everyone else can see then you’ll be playing at posties park soon. 

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The people whinging about ‘the good ole days’ are probably the same people who go on about blitz spirit and rationing being positive things. No one, absolutely no one is stopping anyone starting the juniors back up and doing their thing again. Genuinely from my own perspective if clubs and supporters miss it, more power to them to start it back again, it clearly means a lot to folks who go on about it and its not a slight on them, if what you had was preferable theres no shame in saying ‘we tried it and it wasnt for us’, absolutely no one would have any hard feelings.

So you don’t care about the 81 years our club spent in the juniors?

1 minute ago, hague said:

I wasnt alive for about 64 years of that total so its fair to say ive no real emotional attachment to it, some parts of the last 17 were good, others not so good. Like i said if folks think going back is the best for their club then they absolutely should do whats best for them. I just think getting all misty eyed about Robertson mucking the fixtures about or the other quirks aren’t appealing for me as a punter. Its got a historical relevance as does any chapter in history, but for me its time to move on, dont particularly feel thats a contentious position to take on it? 

54 minutes ago, rockson said:

Yes.

Always thought it looked a good set up at Dumbarton.

2000 seater stand with plenty of room for development if you needed it.

Never really put you in the Albion Rovers bracket.

11 minutes ago, hague said:

The Juniors might have been still around been had the SFA years back opened the big Scottish Cup up a bit to the top say 10/15 clubs in each Region.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I wasnt alive for about 64 years of that total so its fair to say ive no real emotional attachment to it, some parts of the last 17 were good, others not so good. Like i said if folks think going back is the best for their club then they absolutely should do whats best for them. I just think getting all misty eyed about Robertson mucking the fixtures about or the other quirks aren’t appealing for me as a punter. Its got a historical relevance as does any chapter in history, but for me its time to move on, dont particularly feel thats a contentious position to take on it? 

Move on ? Unfortunately to many of our fans think we were to good for the juniors despite the fact that since we returned to them we never won the league the junior cup the west of Scotland cup or the evening times trophy and to be honest I think it will be years before we win anything else.

1 minute ago, hague said:

Move on ? Unfortunately to many of our fans think we were to good for the juniors despite the fact that since we returned to them we never won the league the junior cup the west of Scotland cup or the evening times trophy and to be honest I think it will be years before we win anything else.

No one was ‘too good’ for the juniors, i mean i wasnt a fan of how it was run and certain aspects of it, but i fail to see how anyone could think we were too good on the park when we clearly weren’t. Some really enjoyed the junior cup, others didnt, id have taken the league over the cup any day. If it takes a few years and we do it the right way and sustainably then i’ll bite yer arm off for it!!

N who needs enemies when ur own fans can act like this. I loved my time in the juniors as much as i did watching my team play in the now championship (highest ive seen us play) we got fucked over by administrators and yes some fans have chips on there shoulders its not because of the juniors. We move on from west juniors as 1 and clubs need 2 either step up and dont do a Blantyre (if u r then the wosl is not for u)

Mon the papers

On 20/05/2022 at 10:22, Kennie said:

I think you're missing the main point here. The LL are doing a disservice to one of their own clubs and to a Cup Competition that they help set up and organise. The SCC was scheduled to be played on the Sunday to try and maximise it's potential as the only game on that date. There is now 2 very important and attractive games that should not be in direct conflict with each other. This devalues the cup.

Pretty sure the Lowland League didn't set up the South Challenge Cup. The North and South Challenge Cups were brought in when the North and South Qualifying Cups were scrapped back in 2007 as the Scottish Cup went all in for licenced clubs. The Lowland League wasn't founded until 2013.

On 20/05/2022 at 10:22, Kennie said:

I think you're missing the main point here. The LL are doing a disservice to one of their own clubs and to a Cup Competition that they help set up and organise. The SCC was scheduled to be played on the Sunday to try and maximise it's potential as the only game on that date. There is now 2 very important and attractive games that should not be in direct conflict with each other. This devalues the cup.

There's lots of big games on at this point of the season, it would be very difficult to avoid them all clashing with each other.

7 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Pretty sure the Lowland League didn't set up the South Challenge Cup. The North and South Challenge Cups were brought in when the North and South Qualifying Cups were scrapped back in 2007 as the Scottish Cup went all in for licenced clubs. The Lowland League wasn't founded until 2013.

The LL are part of the committee that sets it up and organises it each season. I wasn't meaning that they started the competition.

10 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Final tomorrow not even a mention on any forums but the WOSL

From an active poster point of view it would have been hard to pick a better pairing from different leagues than Bonnyrigg and Talbot. Bonnyrigg have obviously had a distraction up until this week with the SPFL Playoff, however it hasn't been particularly active in their threads.

I think it's more a sign of the decentralised nature of the forums compared to the all in one Juniors. I doubt many East supporters will dipping into the West forum and vice versa.

If you had made this point in the Cups forum South Challenge Cup thread maybe it would have gained some traction. Going by this thread title I might well have assumed it was about the LL Playoff. Since there would be a reason to care about supporting the WoSFL team due to the knock-on effect on league places.

59 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

For me this is a more difficult cup to win than SJC , c'mon the Talbot

Agreed-far better standard of teams in this trophy and is much more reflective of a wider non league cup than the SJC now is.Good luck today-Bonnyrigg are a good side though.