Oi, what happened to the Carlisle thread?

orfc

Strange to see gillingham at this level - think the last time we played them 4th division was back in 95 and we won 2-0 - I remember cos I stood on the old terracing where the "new" (25 year old) stand now is, and it was sunny and hot

Anyways, Man Utd kids on tuesday in the devalued trophy. Be funny if they chucked in Ronaldo as one of the two overage players - Real Madrid to 800 on a tuesday night at brunton park - have some of that son.

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Scrappy goal to win but 3 points is always good.

Not having a go, but do many people in D&G follow Carlisle full time, without QOS being their big team? Just curious, there's no difference between that and say folk in Perth supporting Hearts, Celtic or whatever.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not having a go, but do many people in D&G follow Carlisle full time, without QOS being their big team? Just curious, there's no difference between that and say folk in Perth supporting Hearts, Celtic or whatever.

The short answer is I'm not sure. When Carlisle were an established level 2 side in 60s and 70s (single season in the top flight 1974-75) there were certainly decent numbers going across the border. Not sure these days though. From the likes of Gretna or Annan it's only 10 or 20 miles to Carlisle. 

I had an uncle from Annan who was a big Carlisle fan so went along with him in the period above. It's only just over 30 miles from Dumfries so when I lived in Dumfries we'd often go to Carlisle games if QOS were away. 

I've always kept a watch on their results since then. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Battled back from 1-3 down to draw 3-3 with Rochdale. Mind you, Rochdale are bottom of the table, and United were at home. However, I've a feeling this time last season it would have been a defeat.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Be interested to hear some detail.

Two stupid goals to lose for rochdale to go 3-1 up. It shouldn't have taken that for united to get the finger out. Had carlisle taken their chances after equalising they would have won. Absolutely fantastic day out, plenty fanzones and bars around the ground.

• 2 weeks later...