Oi, what happened to the Carlisle thread?

orfc

Excellent 5-1 win at home to Barrow tonight in what the commentator on the on line viewing described as the Cumbrian Classico. 😂

I'm pretty sure the commentary also doubles as a radio commentary and given how hugely biased the guy is it can be a bizarre watch/listen. 

Either way a fine result and up to 3rd.

Owen Moxon ex of QOS and Annan outstanding in midfield.

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

It was quite difficult to pick a man of the match tonight. Mellish, garner and Patrick were certainly candidates though.

They were all very good but I thought Moxon was man of the match. 

The tactical switch of pushing Mellish forward to midfield was key.

Anyway a great team display. Good stuff.

Just home, still buzzing. Excellent second half, although Barrow lost the plot for a while after the 2nd goal. Over 9300 there on a cold wet and windy Tuesday night, great to see such a big crowd and have us go home happy.

Anyone else think Mellish's first was offside? I was sure it was and didn't celebrate until I saw the linesman turn his back.

Moxon's assist for the 2nd goal was ridiculous, and he was unbelievably unselfish to lay it on a plate for Patrick for the 4th when he could have gone for his first goal at Brunton Park. It's been great to see him seamlessly jump from being one of the best players in Scottish League Two to one of the best players in England's straight away. He's near enough guaranteed to be in a higher league next season, either with Carlisle or after a big move. 

Keeping Moxon and all others has been outstanding business for Carlisle this transfer window, and in adding JK Gordon and bringing back Joe Garner, he's got almost like for like swaps with Patrick and Dennis, that's great squad depth for this level.

Went down for the game tonight, a sticky first half hour or so without looking in any massive danger. 

The ball through for Garners goal was ridiculous, outstanding vision and technique. 

A thoroughly enjoyable game, Carlisle definitely the leagues entertainers with the highest "goals for" tally in the division. 

Highlights for this popped up earlier so gave it a watch, was surprised to see such a large crowd for a League 2 game and then further surprised to realise that Carlisle are sitting in the promotions spots. I quite like Brunton Park, weird old ground but lots of character. Would consider going down to a game tbh.

On 31/01/2023 at 21:45, Distant Doonhamer said:

Excellent 5-1 win at home to Barrow tonight in what the commentator on the on line viewing described as the Cumbrian Classico. 😂

I'm pretty sure the commentary also doubles as a radio commentary and given how hugely biased the guy is it can be a bizarre watch/listen. 

Either way a fine result and up to 3rd.

Owen Moxon ex of QOS and Annan outstanding in midfield.

The Barrow lot get their commentary delivered on the Radio Cumbria AM frequency. Carlisle get the FM commentary due to being a superior place all round.

For once we haven't gave away our star players for tuppence in the transfer window too, it's looking good