Oi, what happened to the Carlisle thread?

orfc

On 18/09/2022 at 08:26, Jacksgranda said:

That first goal was a cracker!

Was also Callum Guy's first ever senior goal. Seems a strange stat seeing as he's good at set pieces and often gets in good positions for shots like this.

On 28/08/2022 at 18:29, welshbairn said:

Not having a go, but do many people in D&G follow Carlisle full time, without QOS being their big team? Just curious, there's no difference between that and say folk in Perth supporting Hearts, Celtic or whatever.

Not been in here for a while so just seen this. I think there's a lot of "shared" fans. I guess it's easier to do when the teams are relatively local but aren't competing in the same competitions. If you're going to have an English team, as so many do, it may as well be a local one and not a random Premier League team you'll hardly ever get the chance to see in the flesh.

If Carlisle are away in the far South and Annan are at home, Annan's gates are boosted. In fact, when Carlisle played Man Utd U21s recently, a number of their season ticket holders came to Annan v Aberdeen instead.

I'm not sure how many QoS or Annan fans regularly go to Carlisle games, obviously the distances to away games in Scotland are much smaller so plenty just go to their own clubs' away games, but I do know plenty who closely follow Carlisle's results.

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

1-1 draw away to Newport today. Equalised in 78th minute and hit the bar in stoppage time. Decent result but a late winner would have been lovely. 

A points a point! 

Right half of the table, too!

24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Excellent result. Just one point out of the play off positions. 

We certainly rode our luck at times, if grimsby had made their possession count, it could have been a completely different outcome