Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It's still sad to me that Stewart Petrie will never manage Dunfermline. I felt he was the perfect choice this time.

It’s felt like this the last couple of times the Dunfermline job has come up.

Is his job at the bank really that good that Dunfermline wouldn’t be paying him more than that salary plus his Montrose wage as well? Maybe it’s the job security he’s worried about, but surely as a Pars legend he should have given it a go by now.

It’s felt like this the last couple of times the Dunfermline job has come up.
Is his job at the bank really that good that Dunfermline wouldn’t be paying him more than that salary plus his Montrose wage as well? Maybe it’s the job security he’s worried about, but surely as a Pars legend he should have given it a go by now.
Pension and benefits, plus salary of his employers is pretty good aye.

Does winning the Premiership Playoffs not count? That surely surpasses anything McGlynn, Murray, Thomson (from the recent merry-go-round) have achieved? Bert Paton, AJ, Stevie Crawford, JJ, Yogi have all failed too. 
For me McPake getting Dundee promoted was in the same mould as Kevin Thomson at Kelty last season. Money talked, simple as that.

For me McPake getting Dundee promoted was in the same mould as Kevin Thomson at Kelty last season. Money talked, simple as that.
I'd argue with the play off system for getting into the premiership I'd give a little more credence to Dundee's promotion but probably on the right lines, there.

McPake did rejig our squad in a positive way that helped us get promoted. We struggled to find a way to fit Charlie into the team, but he utilised Jordan McGhee who'd struggled at CB early on in the season, as a box-to-box midfielder and it helped unleash Charlie with Byrne anchoring the defensive midfield game. Moving McGhee to CM imo was the key move which got us promoted, and it was purely a result of McPake working with what he had.

11 hours ago, Estragon said:

Have you consulted them on this appointment btw? Remember what happened last time. 

I wasn’t consulted. I did some research on this Petrie character. He’s 53 in February, so when James McPake leaves for Man Utd, Stewart can take early retirement and manage his beloved Pars.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I wasn’t consulted. I did some research on this Petrie character. He’s 53 in February, so when James McPake leaves for Man Utd, Stewart can take early retirement and manage his beloved Pars.

That's really, really funny