Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Or what nothing. Our main objective this season coming should be promotion. We've had a few seasons of absolute dross, people are already a little p*ssed off with the club so spending a few seasons in league 1 isn't going to help that in anyway.

We finished 7th in L1 in 2014/15 and still had over 4000 at our first home game of the following season.

I agree that our goal next season should be to get promoted as champions but not doing so won't affect the crowds. People having no money is a far bigger issue for the club to think about, which I hope is reflected in their ticket pricing for 22/23.

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, I’m not too offended by McPake. He just wouldn’t be at the top of my list. Yes, he had Charlie Adam, but he won promotion with Dundee. 

I’d have Thomson and Murray ahead of him, definitely. Murray knows the league and has Airdrie playing good football. Thomson seems to be very highly rated, knows how to win and seems to like to attack.

McPake would probably be another Crawford-type manager. I think he’d probably get results, but not be too entertaining. I wouldn’t be thrilled, but I’d certainly be willing to see how things go.

I accept your points on Murray. I’ve seen Airdrie a few times this season and they’ve impressed me. Full time would be the big question I’d ask of him.  Failed before. 

Yes Thomson is highly regarded I think. Used to winning also but with a huge budget in the lowest league. Still can only beat what’s in front of you.  

McPake done the same although it was a different route but look what his opponents Hearts have achieved this season. 

listen there’s pro’s and con’s for all 3. 

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We finished 7th in L1 in 2014/15 and still had over 4000 at our first home game of the following season.

The appointment of Allan Johnson, the impressive summer signings of Joe Cardle etc probably helped? Not to mention it being a Fife Derby? Or mentioning we had won 4-1, 5-1 and 6-1 in our opening League Cup, Challenge Cup and League games? There was a big "feel good factor" kicking around the place for the opening home league game. 

We got 2262 for our final game of the horror league one season. 

There's context for everything. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The appointment of Allan Johnson, the impressive summer signings of Joe Cardle etc probably helped? Not to mention it being a Fife Derby? Or mentioning we had won 4-1, 5-1 and 6-1 in our opening League Cup, Challenge Cup and League games? There was a big "feel good factor" kicking around the place for the opening home league game. 

We got 2262 for our final game of the horror league one season. 

There's context for everything. 

None of that should have mattered because we "had" to get promoted at the first attempt.

Market suspended now at McBookie, wonder if they got their knuckles rapped for posting about the last 5 bets. Can't imagine we've made the managerial decision already - this board's been ridiculously slow.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I'd have thought they'd have suspended all their managers markets until they decided how they'll adjust to murray going to rovers and the airdrie job becoming available 

I Messaged the McBookie twitter asking if the market being suspended meant McPake was a done deal.... the reply I got was "We think so."

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I'd have thought they'd have suspended all their managers markets until they decided how they'll adjust to murray going to rovers and the airdrie job becoming available 

Unless I've missed it, McBookie didn't have Raith manager betting on. I've only been looking the past week of course but it seemed to be ourselves and Dundee. Dundee's stopped when they confirmed they were down to a shortlist of 5.

We’re close to appointing Murray and it’s Looking like Thomson is Dundee bound, I know you guys as in fans probably wanted both buts the case of who do you want now since both looked to be snapped up? 
Jack Ross.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
20 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:
We’re close to appointing Murray and it’s Looking like Thomson is Dundee bound, I know you guys as in fans probably wanted both buts the case of who do you want now since both looked to be snapped up? 

Jack Ross.

Do you think Ross will drop 2 divisions and take the job? Apparently he wants to go back down south but that’s just rumours atm 

Do you think Ross will drop 2 divisions and take the job? Apparently he wants to go back down south but that’s just rumours atm 
I would doubt it, seen mcbookie tweeted there had been some money put on him but its pie in the sky stuff I'd imagine.

I'd be gobsmacked if it isn't McPake. I don't hate the idea as much as others but I'm also a million miles from cartwheels. Suppose we have to take our medicine. Only potential is he might bring Charlie Adam as a player coach which would be tidy in league 1. Again, pie in the sky, probably be Greig Sheilds mark 3.