Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Courier hinting heavily we are down to 2 and will appoint Thomson or Murray soon. I think it will be Murray, but regardless, one of them will still be around.

If you’re appointing one of those 2, I’d genuinely be happy for us to take your second option. Not the time for ‘pride’ and saying that we can’t be taking someone who isn’t good enough for you.

Obviously I’d be all for us trying to outbid you, but Raith in the championship is a much more attractive job than Dunfermline in League One.

If you’re appointing one of those 2, I’d genuinely be happy for us to take your second option. Not the time for ‘pride’ and saying that we can’t be taking someone who isn’t good enough for you.

Obviously I’d be all for us trying to outbid you, but Raith in the championship is a much more attractive job than Dunfermline in League One.
I'd have thought so, but both our boards are a bit on the shoogly side when it comes to decision making, plus, our preferred option may very well turn us down and we end up getting the other one. Some laugh eh?

7 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

McPake with Adam as a player coach and Meggle overseeing?

That's what I think will happen. Charlie Adam leaving Dundee as he has something line-up apparently. I believe Adam wants into coaching/management too.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

TBH I wouldn’t look at it like that. Both are more than good enough for us, but you can only pick one!

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No disrespect meant to Murray but Mcpake’s record is better than his. Murray was a disaster at a full time club. Still like Thomson but again he has managed at part time for one season. Maybe time to be a bit realistic. Saying that thomson will be a good manager in time. Mcpake has more experience than both at a higher level. Good or bad. 

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

TBH I wouldn’t look at it like that. Both are more than good enough for us, but you can only pick one!

37 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Courier hinting heavily we are down to 2 and will appoint Thomson or Murray soon. I think it will be Murray, but regardless, one of them will still be around.

Very jealous. 

If the rumours of McPake being a preferred candidate are true, what are those making the decision basing this on?

He got Dundee through the playoffs in a season played in front of no fans that saw Charlie Adam pretty much drag them there. Without Adam they'd have struggled to finish 2nd. He's overseen a very poor campaign from Dundee that has seen them relegated.

The only thing I can think of is that he does give younger players a chance, but then so did Hughes with Todd, McCann and (briefly) Allan.

Most Dundee fans on here didn't enjoy the football under McPake most of the time. What credentials does McPake have that would make him stand out in what will presumably be a wide field? A focus on youth isn't going to be much of a consideration until the academy is actually up and running and players are coming through to the first team.

There was no way we were getting someone unless they were (i) unemployed or (ii) their contract was running out end of this season. The money wasted this season, plus the massive drop in income with League 1 football, should put pay to that.

It's still an uninspiring choice. 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Most Dundee fans on here didn't enjoy the football under McPake most of the time. What credentials does McPake have that would make him stand out in what will presumably be a wide field? A focus on youth isn't going to be much of a consideration until the academy is actually up and running and players are coming through to the first team.

Aye I couldn't give a toss about giving young players opportunities this season. If they're good enough then great but we need to get out the division at the first time of asking.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Or you’ll get stuck down there for a few years as Falkirk have I would imagine he is getting at.

League One will be a tough division next year that’s for sure.

We were there for three seasons last time. Nothing dramatic happened with the club.

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Or what?

Or what nothing. Our main objective this season coming should be promotion. We've had a few seasons of absolute dross, people are already a little p*ssed off with the club so spending a few seasons in league 1 isn't going to help that in anyway.

37 minutes ago, GazH6 said:

No disrespect meant to Murray but Mcpake’s record is better than his. Murray was a disaster at a full time club. Still like Thomson but again he has managed at part time for one season. Maybe time to be a bit realistic. Saying that thomson will be a good manager in time. Mcpake has more experience than both at a higher level. Good or bad. 

To be fair, I’m not too offended by McPake. He just wouldn’t be at the top of my list. Yes, he had Charlie Adam, but he won promotion with Dundee. 

I’d have Thomson and Murray ahead of him, definitely. Murray knows the league and has Airdrie playing good football. Thomson seems to be very highly rated, knows how to win and seems to like to attack.

McPake would probably be another Crawford-type manager. I think he’d probably get results, but not be too entertaining. I wouldn’t be thrilled, but I’d certainly be willing to see how things go.