Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Nightmare said:

What if a team is shite even after the manager has been given three years to build their own team?

Then you’re three years of failure later and still having to start all over again.

The problem Falkirk (and others) have had is appointing diddy managers in the first place; not failing to give said diddy managers enough time.

What’s another year of failure to a club like Falkirk?

The point is that even the right manager can be hired at the wrong time in a team cycle to make an immediate change in fortune. I was simply suggesting DAFC needs to be wary of acting like Falkirk has recently, and running through a series of managers.

Up until the last 12 months, I’d say we’ve been better than most for giving managers time. McIntyre was here 4 and a bit years. Jefferies was here just under 3 years. Johnston was here 3 and a half years. Crawford was here 2 and a half years.

That’s not to say Grant/Hughes deserved more time. Both were horrendous appointments that couldn’t have complained if they were punted sooner. Having said that, Crawford’s first half season ended dreadfully and he got fewer PPG than Hughes managed. Once he built his own team, we weren’t too bad. Big difference there is that Hughes signed 7 players and kept playing them - those players were a big part of the problem.

If it wasn’t for the fact the board has significantly changed in the last 2 years, I don’t think the last 12 months would put anyone off/make managers hesitant to take the job. However, there may be some who look for assurance that they will be given time. The right appointment deserves time - this isn’t going to be a quick fix. If it’s as disastrous as the last 2 appointments, we have a problem. Punt them early and suddenly there’s a big red flag for potential managers. Keep a poor manager on for too long and we’re going to keep going backwards anyway.

Just shut the club down if they appoint McPake. Not a brain cell between them if they do and everyone involved should be removed and never allowed near East End Park ever again.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Cook is telling different people different things to try and weed out who are the arseholes who keep blabbing to fans. Lots of different rumours around with lots of different attention seekers claiming that their particular source has told them a name. I'm hoping it's like those scenes in Game of Thrones when Tyrion tells a bunch of folk a different name of who Myrcella is to marry. 

So hopefully one or two folk involved at the club will be off the to the wall soon.

I was glad when we announced Yogi was away and was even quite excited but I genuinely have no trust in them making the right choice. Only difference is  Cook is involved now in place of McCarthur.

Looking forward to the McBookie list coming up, see what other Europeans they've shoehorned in.

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just shut the club down if they appoint McPake. Not a brain cell between them if they do and everyone involved should be removed and never allowed near East End Park ever again.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Cook is telling different people different things to try and weed out who are the arseholes who keep blabbing to fans. Lots of different rumours around with lots of different attention seekers claiming that their particular source has told them a name. I'm hoping it's like those scenes in Game of Thrones when Tyrion tells a bunch of folk a different name of who Myrcella is to marry. 

So hopefully one or two folk involved at the club will be off the to the wall soon.

^^^ very upset to not be ITK.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I have multiple sources*. I just don't betray their confidence.

Hide contents

Lies. I have zero 'sources'.

I think if I had a source telling me James McPake was going to be our next manager then I'd probably just pretend I didn't hear him correctly.

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

😀

I'm hoping that Cook is telling different people different things to try and weed out who are the arseholes who keep blabbing to fans. Lots of different rumours around with lots of different attention seekers claiming that their particular source has told them a name.

This has crossed my mind over the last few weeks. Lots of people with different info and I honestly hope they’re trying to find the ‘leaks’ and get rid of them. Giving everyone different info makes it easier to figure out who is passing on this information to people who rush online to tell everyone.

This has crossed my mind over the last few weeks. Lots of people with different info and I honestly hope they’re trying to find the ‘leaks’ and get rid of them. Giving everyone different info makes it easier to figure out who is passing on this information to people who rush online to tell everyone.
They call this the Rebekah Vardy method.

41 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Really? Everyone online seems to consistently be saying McPake. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You're going to be one upset bunny this week then!

It's a shite appointment, definitely. He'll have to hit the ground running and get the fans onside instantly. Basically, do the EXACT opposite of Peter Grant. 

I'm not raging tbh. Just more "meh" and just accepted we're happy to be an unambitious club accepting failure or, at best, mediocrity. Can't see me going to EEP any time soon tbh. 

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

McBookie have just said the last 5 bets on the Pars manager have all been for Jack Ross. If we managed to pull of JR in League 1 I'd dof my cap to the board.

Don't get your hopes up.