Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

And I hope I'm wrong.

Adam's wages at Dundee were being supplied by an external source. Unless he's willing to take a massive drop in wages and league, I don't see why he would come here (unless he thought the trade off for a coaching role was worth it, but I get the impression from his interviews that he's more interested in being head coach/manager). If he did though, I could see him strolling most games if he kept himself fit.

Yeh I agree no chance we could afford him unless Dorrans was looking to retire and Adams took a massive cut to his salary in order to spend more time coaching.

I agree I think he would stroll this level but feel that we would be absolutely done on the counter attack by any team that has any kind of pace. Maybe Pybus and Adams would work? But not sure Adams will want to play 35 games in a season.

I doubt Adam would sign mainly because McPake passed on Dorrans when he had the chance to sign him up again because we had Charlie Adam.

He might go after Paul McGowan who's another of his closest mates if our new manager doesn't want. 

ETA: I'm almost certain he'd want to loan Lyall Cameron and/or Finlay Robertson too. He has had a massive impact on their development.

Edited by Ludo*1

Mcpake probably have a willingness to work with some of the current crop as well. Best pals with Dorrans, played with Wighton, was rumoured to be interested in Todorov in January. These factors may have stacked up too.

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Hey Ravey, you should get back to the Raith thread as there’s a queue of Airdrie fans waiting to thank you for taking Murray off their hands.

Aye, sure.

As for your reminiscing about the time you were scoring freely in the seaside league, just reflect that you couldn't score against a fairly average First Division side in two games recently.

McPake isn't the answer. Remember, while you're struggling to score in Division 1 for the next few seasons you'll be the wee team along the road.

16 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aye, sure.

As for your reminiscing about the time you were scoring freely in the seaside league, just reflect that you couldn't score against a fairly average First Division side in two games recently.

McPake isn't the answer. Remember, while you're struggling to score in Division 1 for the next few seasons you'll be the wee team along the road.

Worth remembering Murray couldn't get past that fairly average first division side in two games either tbh. 

How we done against Queens Park won't be relevant next season, will be an entirely different team and manager. 

McPake isn’t as bad a signing for Dunfermline as he would have been for Raith.

He achieved his target at Dundee with the second biggest budget in the Championship and I seem to remember Dundee fans saying he did have an eye for a player.
You’d have to imagine he’ll have a similar budget advantage with Dunfermline in league 1 so he might do ok.

Without the budget advantage at Raith he’d likely have been a disaster but it’s all about getting the right fit and he’ll be better than Peter Grant anyway….

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I doubt Adam would sign mainly because McPake passed on Dorrans when he had the chance to sign him up again because we had Charlie Adam.

He might go after Paul McGowan who's another of his closest mates if our new manager doesn't want. 

ETA: I'm almost certain he'd want to loan Lyall Cameron and/or Finlay Robertson too. He has had a massive impact on their development.

Always liked him as a player when he's played for Dundee. Would absolutely take on loan.

Another thing on McPake, his results in his three seasons tend to be significantly improved after Christmas. Bit of the Moyes in that regard. First day of the season also tends to be an absolute hiding even if the scoreline doesn't reflect it as you might remember in the 2-2 draw at your ground a few seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Another thing on McPake, his results in his three seasons tend to be significantly improved after Christmas. Bit of the Moyes in that regard. First day of the season also tends to be an absolute hiding even if the scoreline doesn't reflect it as you might remember in the 2-2 draw at your ground a few seasons ago.

Good luck to him, if we're doing shite approaching Christmas in league one I can't see the fans being very understanding.