Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:
Because I didn't want him as manager. He done really well at QoS in his initial spell but had a poor time at Killie, he left there in the February and joined us in the May and my memory of him was his time at Killie. I can't remember who the other candidates being touted at the time were but he wasn't initially who I wanted. He went on to build one of my favourite ever Pars teams in his first season and one of the most enjoyable as a fan, albeit league one.

Gary Bollan and Stevie Aitken were 2 frontrunners iirc.

Think it was Aitken, wouldn't have been Bollan. That's like something you'd put a score on.

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

So you were 100% convinced he would get us out of League 1 at the first time of asking. And utterly convinced McIntyre would 3 years later win us the Championship?

With AJ? Aye. 

I didn't see how it'd go with McIntyre but I was happy enough. I don't always get it right, I was happy with Kenny and could see the logic in Potter getting appointed. 

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Because I didn't want him as manager. He done really well at QoS in his initial spell but had a poor time at Killie, he left there in the February and joined us in the May and my memory of him was his time at Killie. I can't remember who the other candidates being touted at the time were but he wasn't initially who I wanted. He went on to build one of my favourite ever Pars teams in his first season and one of the most enjoyable as a fan, albeit league one.

I thought his time at Kilmarnock wasn't great, but it wasn't a disaster. He did though have a great track record in the 1st division and showed he knew what it took to get out the division in a good manner. 

24 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

St Johnstone humped ICT 4-0 last night.  Might be crap teams but Dundee where a team promoted through the play-off, never going to be an easy task coming from a rank rotten championship.

Both Livingston and Hamilton managed fine coming up via the playoffs. 

McPake taking his side successfully through the playoffs deserves some credit, I’m not denying that. I’d just be worried, if I was a Pars fan, about almost everything else he’s done as a manager. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Both Livingston and Hamilton managed fine coming up via the playoffs. 

McPake taking his side successfully through the playoffs deserves some credit, I’m not denying that. I’d just be worried, if I was a Pars fan, about almost everything else he’s done as a manager. 

Again, tho - it doesn't matter who we appoint there will be a negative side to their careers to date. 

Not like we could have done any better after getting relegated, I think he's a perfectly good appointment for a League One side who'll have a bigger budget than pretty much everyone else in the league - his specialty.

23 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

See you've finally found someone who doesn't think you're a total fucking walloper. Go you.

Please explain, if you can, how predicted that Yogi would be your manager, that he would be a disaster, then predicting McPake before he was even favourite, and now predicting he'll be shite, make me the total fucking walloper instead of you... :)

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’ve watched us since about 1985 and that League One winning side was one of the ones I enjoyed watching most. 30 goals from open play for Faiss!

1 minute ago, Shandön Par said:

I’ve watched us since about 1985 and that League One winning side was one of the ones I enjoyed watching most. 30 goals from open play for Faiss!

As I recall from last season McPake isn't noted for open attacking play, so dream on.

I'm so glad we didn't appoint McPake, he's likely to be no better than Yogi.

9 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Please explain, if you can, how predicted that Yogi would be your manager, that he would be a disaster, then predicting McPake before he was even favourite, and now predicting he'll be shite, make me the total fucking walloper instead of you... :)

Smiley face emoji to your own stupid post is a starter for 10. 

Surprised that all these folk saying it's underwhelming. Who were you expecting? Del Bosque? 

You have a young manager with some success to his name. He might turn out to be just the guy to take you to the runner up spot behind McGlynn's Marvels. 

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Smiley face emoji to your own stupid post is a starter for 10. 

Ah, I knew you couldn't answer. Next question which you'll evade - why is my post stupid?

Hint - the criteria for stupidity is not your unwillingness to accept fact  :)

McPake is a decent guy and gives youth a chance and gets the players wanting to play for him.

That's where the positives end really.

He'll give his all for the club but he's not really got a clue tactically. I don't think he ever made a substitution that didn't actively hinder the team and that's not hyperbole.

You can tell that every defeat hurts him really bad to the point it was rumoured he used to get pished and send the players absolute abuse in the early hours of the morning.

Finally, he's the new version of the media merry-go-round. Has cheerleaders in the media that will defend him to no end and just spout blatant lies to make him look good.

Edited by Ludo*1

Always love it when the “interviewed very well” line gets trotted out about a manager.

Hopkin did as well with us apparently. Baffles me that so many boards value making a good power point presentation over actually looking at a manager’s past performance.