Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

No mention of St Mirren I see..........

Well no, I didn’t work out there for him. Probably won’t be a manger who’s been at more than one club we could have appointed that wouldn’t have a blot on the copybook somewhere though. He went to Airdrie after that failure and did well though. Hopefully he learned a few lessons there.

Edited by Enigma

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

Are you deliberately missing the point or what? 

No. You said none of the candidate mentioned inspired you. Who would have inspired you?

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Well no, I didn’t work out there for him. Probably won’t be a manger who’s been at more than one club we could have appointed that wouldn’t have a blot on the copybook somewhere though. He went to Airdrie after that failure and did well though. Hopefully he learned a few lessons there.

Good point.

If that's the case you must agree that there's a chance McPake may have learned a few lessons in the Championship/SPFL managing Dundee?

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee, St Johnstone, Motherwell and St Mirren were utter garbage. We played Dundee United and they weren’t up to much. Ross County came good, but they didn’t win for about 3 months at the start.

It was full of crap teams. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Just now, Enigma said:

No. You said none of the candidate mentioned inspired you. Who would have inspired you?

That's the point - there are no realistic candidates (who fancied a stint in League 1) who would have inspired me. Leishman probably wouldn't have inspired me in 1983 & Bert Paton didn't in 1993. I had no clue who Calderwood was in 2000. Was I inspired by Jim McIntyre? No. Allan Johnston? Not really but they both turned out not too bad before being sacked. 

I'm not saying McPake will automatically bring us success but I'm not convinced he'll be another Yogi/Grant. And I say the same for you & Murray.

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Good point.

If that's the case you must agree that there's a chance McPake may have learned a few lessons in the Championship/SPFL managing Dundee?

Not the worst appointment Dunfermline could have made imo , no guarantees with any but at this point we can all have positive expectations, you lot have one job beat Mcglynn and get the derby games back on !! 

2D6912C2-EFFF-4EA1-85F1-9FB4033E0F18.jpeg

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee, St Johnstone, Motherwell and St Mirren were utter garbage. We played Dundee United and they weren’t up to much. Ross County came good, but they didn’t win for about 3 months at the start.

That's your opinion.

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

St Johnstone humped ICT 4-0 last night.  Might be crap teams but Dundee where a team promoted through the play-off, never going to be an easy task coming from a rank rotten championship.

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That's the point - there are no realistic candidates (who fancied a stint in League 1) who would have inspired me. Leishman probably wouldn't have inspired me in 1983 & Bert Paton didn't in 1993. I had no clue who Calderwood was in 2000. Was I inspired by Jim McIntyre? No. Allan Johnston? Not really but they both turned out not too bad before being sacked. 

I'm not saying McPake will automatically bring us success but I'm not convinced he'll be another Yogi/Grant. And I say the same for you & Murray.

Great post. I read that and immediately related to it all. 

Wee bit too young to remember Leish getting appointed and I was alive but very young for Paton, however I still remember the day AJ got promoted, I was really disappointed. I'm not sure who I wanted but I do remember feeling really underwhelmed. Look where we went that season.

McPake could kick on with us, here's hoping. I' m not doing Cartwheels but this is where we are.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Meh. As good as we could have expected IMO. We're League 1. Third Tier. Some folk need to recalibrate their expectations pronto. For me, I just didn't want yet another aging dinosaur from the Scottish fitba has-beens. I'm OK with taking a bit of a risk on an ambitious younger coach and hope we get a better break than we've had in the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Great post. I read that and immediately related to it all. 

Wee bit too young to remember Leish getting appointed and I was alive but very young for Paton, however I still remember the day AJ got promoted, I was really disappointed. I'm not sure who I wanted but I do remember feeling really underwhelmed. Look where we went that season.

McPake could kick on with us, here's hoping. I' m not doing Cartwheels but this is where we are.

How and why would you have been dissapointed at AJ being appointed?! Regardless of how it ended, it was a great appointment at the time. 

Meggle is meant to be being much more closely involved in the football side from now on so the manager has to be someone he feels he can work with. We needed a coaching shake up,  with the manager just being a part of it, not the be all and end all.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Allan Johnson was a very good appointment at the time, exactly what we needed. Likewise after McIntyres caretaker spell I was happy enough for him to take over. 

So you were 100% convinced he would get us out of League 1 at the first time of asking. And utterly convinced McIntyre would 3 years later win us the Championship?

Maybe it was the seasons before with Potter & Kenny that scunnered me, much like now, but neither floated my boat. However eventually they proved themselves & I'm willing to accept there's a chance, given the right backing, that McPake can do the same.

6 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Meggle is meant to be being much more closely involved in the football side from now on so the manager has to be someone he feels he can work with. We needed a coaching shake up,  with the manager just being a part of it, not the be all and end all.

Meggle can simply f**k right off from that side of things if he's driving McPake's appointment. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

How and why would you have been dissapointed at AJ being appointed?! Regardless of how it ended, it was a great appointment at the time. 

Because I didn't want him as manager. He done really well at QoS in his initial spell but had a poor time at Killie, he left there in the February and joined us in the May and my memory of him was his time at Killie. I can't remember who the other candidates being touted at the time were but he wasn't initially who I wanted. He went on to build one of my favourite ever Pars teams in his first season and one of the most enjoyable as a fan, albeit league one.

Because I didn't want him as manager. He done really well at QoS in his initial spell but had a poor time at Killie, he left there in the February and joined us in the May and my memory of him was his time at Killie. I can't remember who the other candidates being touted at the time were but he wasn't initially who I wanted. He went on to build one of my favourite ever Pars teams in his first season and one of the most enjoyable as a fan, albeit league one.
Gary Bollan and Stevie Aitken were 2 frontrunners iirc.