Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd be gobsmacked if it isn't McPake. I don't hate the idea as much as others but I'm also a million miles from cartwheels. Suppose we have to take our medicine. Only potential is he might bring Charlie Adam as a player coach which would be tidy in league 1. Again, pie in the sky, probably be Greig Sheilds mark 3.
Adam is a shambling, clattering, cracked actor of a footballer, in a too tight strip. However, in L1 he could be Team of the Week every week. Useless for the quiz team or as designated driver but if he's part of the McPake deal you could do an awful lot worse, particularly when your midfield was full of ghosts last season.

4 hours ago, GazH6 said:

No disrespect meant to Murray but Mcpake’s record is better than his. Murray was a disaster at a full time club. Still like Thomson but again he has managed at part time for one season. Maybe time to be a bit realistic. Saying that thomson will be a good manager in time. Mcpake has more experience than both at a higher level. Good or bad. 

Airdrie are full time.

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I couldn't give a toss about giving young players opportunities this season. If they're good enough then great but we need to get out the division at the first time of asking.

Do we even have any young players? Aside from McCann, Todd and Fenton? 

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Weird that folk get erect about Thomson but completely dismiss McPake, Kettlewell etc.

We're fishing in a very shallow pool. 

Source?

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We finished 7th in L1 in 2014/15 and still had over 4000 at our first home game of the following season.

I agree that our goal next season should be to get promoted as champions but not doing so won't affect the crowds. People having no money is a far bigger issue for the club to think about, which I hope is reflected in their ticket pricing for 22/23.

There's not a chance they're putting the prices down.

Adam won’t drop down to our level ffs unless it’s a decent paid coaching role. Doesn’t sound as if he wants to particularly play anymore tbh with the send off he gave. Can see it if he is coming in as a coach or assistant to McPake, if it is to be him*

*It will most certainly be McPake

Don’t get the stick McPake seems to get, wouldn’t have been my first choice for us but he’s at least taken a team up from the Championship and won a playoff. Genuinely don’t think he’d be a bad appointment for the Pars.  Don’t think anyone barring Jack Ross will have the fans really excited but that one seems a long shot. McPake with Adam would be interesting if Adam was willing to be a player coach but is he looking for a managers job or a higher level coaching one is the question. 

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

When McPake was at Dundee did he have his own assistant, coaches or did he just have who Dundee had before?

He appointed Jimmy Nicholl as his assistant. Dave Mackay as first team coach and his brother in law Martin Harty as another coach. Punted Nicholl during the pandemic and then promoted the rest up a role.

Also had Alan Combe as his goalkeeping coach once he managed to punt our long serving GK coach Bobby Geddes.

Don’t get the stick McPake seems to get, wouldn’t have been my first choice for us but he’s at least taken a team up from the Championship and won a playoff. Genuinely don’t think he’d be a bad appointment for the Pars.  Don’t think anyone barring Jack Ross will have the fans really excited but that one seems a long shot. McPake with Adam would be interesting if Adam was willing to be a player coach but is he looking for a managers job or a higher level coaching one is the question. 

We’re a League 1 club and will haemorrhage money and supporters. We were never going to get anyone that would make you get off your seat. Who honestly wants to manage this pile of shite?

I’m not happy with McPake but there was absolutely no chance of us getting anyone in a job already (the likes of Murray, Petrie, Thomson et al would require compensation packages as they’re under contract, and that’s money we just don’t have after that disaster of a season) It was always going to be someone out of work. When you factor that in, McPake was probably the best we could hope for, which says more about us as a club and where we are in all honesty.

As I’ve said previously, he needs to recruit well and hit the ground running or he’s under immediate pressure, from the fans anyway. The board will probably stick by him like they did Grant for far too long if/when it goes tits up. We all saw after the 3-0 home scudding to Arbroath that Grant should have been punted, but they let it continue for a few months. That was a major factor in getting us relegated. The board make idiotic decisions season after season. I hope they have budgeted for horrendous season ticket sales btw. Who am I kidding? 🤣 Of course they’ve not. We’ll no doubt have the biggest budget in the league and find a way to finish near the bottom two. Just Pars doing Pars things.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I'm not happy with McPake but there was absolutely no chance of us getting anyone in a job already (the likes of Murray, Petrie, Thomson et al would require compensation packages as they’re under contract, and that’s money we just don’t have after that disaster of a season). 

I think Murray's contract with Airdrie is up at the end of the month.