Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The best way to ensure you stop chopping and changing managers isn't to appoint the youngest, it's the appoint the best available surely? 

This.  I can’t see many managers lasting more than 3/4 years,  they’ll either be sacked or ideally be successful enough in that time that they’ll move on. Even Campbell who is comfortably the oldest manager suggested would likely stay for that.  

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Generally true, but also giving said manager time to build HIS team and turn around the mess is critical, something Falkirk never allowed in the past few years either.

Every manager that we have bumped since Houston left had to go.

The only one that could possibly have improved in the long term was Hartley but he was deservedly sacked for signing an entire squad of utter shite in one close season.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Every manager that we have bumped since Houston left had to go.

The only one that could possibly have improved in the long term was Hartley but he was deservedly sacked for signing an entire squad of utter shite in one close season.

Not suggesting you had, but you must beware of doing it because of frustration in League One if things don’t immediately turn around.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not suggesting you had, but you must beware of doing it because of frustration in League One if things don’t immediately turn around.

So if McGlynn is doing utter shite with them they should stick with him? 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They think the sun shines out the rapist signings arse. They literally don't think he can do any wrong. 

Charlie Adam has left us and wants into management and he has a new challenge lined up which he wants to think about. Let the rumours for you and Raith commence.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Any manager selected must be given time to create their team and deliver a performance, else you risk taking the path FFC have over the past several years. The fine balance is a situation like Grant was, and while you Board finally punted him, it was at a point too late. I know it seems contradictory to my point, but this point is more about several years of instability.

I'm genuinely not sure what point your making, if manager is doing bad (like Grant) then punt him, as quickly as possible. However also give managers several years... 

I mean whit? Or rather than thinking football management has a one rule for all approach, just take each case on it's merits? 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Any manager selected must be given time to create their team and deliver a performance, else you risk taking the path FFC have over the past several years. The fine balance is a situation like Grant was, and while you Board finally punted him, it was at a point too late. I know it seems contradictory to my point, but this point is more about several years of instability.

What if a team is shite even after the manager has been given three years to build their own team?

Then you’re three years of failure later and still having to start all over again.

The problem Falkirk (and others) have had is appointing diddy managers in the first place; not failing to give said diddy managers enough time.

Can’t see Hughes being bitter about anything at all. I’m sure he’ll talk highly about the Club, including the fans. I’d be surprised if he had much to say other than mentioning being a bit unlucky, only 1 or 2 games away from staying up, working under difficult conditions and wishing the club the best. Can’t see it being any more ‘tasty’ than that.

Can’t see Hughes being bitter about anything at all. I’m sure he’ll talk highly about the Club, including the fans. I’d be surprised if he had much to say other than mentioning being a bit unlucky, only 1 or 2 games away from staying up, working under difficult conditions and wishing the club the best. Can’t see it being any more ‘tasty’ than that.
I wasn't hoping for anything tasty or scurrilous. It was delusion and denial I was looking forward to.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, smpar said:

I wasn't hoping for anything tasty or scurrilous. It was delusion and denial I was looking forward to.

I suspect the Thistle away game may be retold entirely differently to how it actually happened.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm genuinely not sure what point your making, if manager is doing bad (like Grant) then punt him, as quickly as possible. However also give managers several years... 

I mean whit? Or rather than thinking football management has a one rule for all approach, just take each case on it's merits? 

The point is that even the right manager can be hired at the wrong time in a team cycle to make an immediate change in fortune. I was simply suggesting DAFC needs to be wary of acting like Falkirk has recently, and running through a series of managers.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

The point is that even the right manager can be hired at the wrong time in a team cycle to make an immediate change in fortune. I was simply suggesting DAFC needs to be wary of acting like Falkirk has recently, and running through a series of managers.

So we need to appoint a good manager? I think that's the goal mate. 

Doesn't seem like we've achieved it if we appoint McPake right enough.