Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I predicted it would be a Yogi disaster before he was appointed.
And after one game in charge they were predicting he might get them into the play offs

And before talking about predictions read up on the history first....
I do my best to avoid reading your posts tbh.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
I predicted it would be a Yogi disaster before he was appointed.
And after one game in charge they were predicting he might get them into the play offs

And before talking about predictions read up on the history first....

I do my best to avoid reading your posts tbh.

Aye, you never know what you're talking about

Kettlewell got interviewed the last time, and we went with Yogi. He’d be an incredibly underwhelming appointment, as would McPake. But that’s apparently the kind of coach the board are after. To hell with them being any good at football management!

The only one out of the list there that I’d get really excited about would be Petrie, but it is just not going to happen.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

McPake would be an absolute atrocious appointment. Kettlewell wouldn't be much better.

I don't disagree with you but who is a realistic target that wouldn't be an atrocious appointment?

If we’re going for Petrie, it’s now or never, but sounds like they want someone young (late 30s early 40s) to build the club up with a longer term strategy in mind. Totally understandable, because you simply can’t keep chopping and changing managers constantly. That’s exactly what Falkirk have been doing, and look at the state of them.

This is going to be a crucial appointment. I’d be very, very disappointed with McPake or Kettlewell. Ian Murray would be “meh”. Probably Thomson the best out of that “young managers” category but he is possibly away to Raith.

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we’re going for Petrie, it’s now or never, but sounds like they want someone young (late 30s early 40s) to build the club up with a longer term strategy in mind. Totally understandable, because you simply can’t keep chopping and changing managers constantly. That’s exactly what Falkirk have been doing, and look at the state of them.

This is going to be a crucial appointment. I’d be very, very disappointed with McPake or Kettlewell. Ian Murray would be “meh”. Probably Thomson the best out of that “young managers” category but he is possibly away to Raith.

What would make Thomson the best out of those options? He's managed at the lowest level and with a budget 3x anyone else in league 2.

To counter that : we also barely won a point when he was in charge.
We got promoted due to Charlie Adam. We finished fourth that season and the boy turned into Iniesta in the play off games. 
Turned into iniesta you mean the ref shit himself when he should have been sent off for a deliberate hand ball when booked already. The ref won that game for you.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
On 20/05/2022 at 04:14, Mr. Alli said:
To counter that : we also barely won a point when he was in charge.
We got promoted due to Charlie Adam. We finished fourth that season and the boy turned into Iniesta in the play off games. 

Turned into iniesta you mean the ref shit himself when he should have been sent off for a deliberate hand ball when booked already. The ref won that game for you.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
On 20/05/2022 at 04:14, Mr. Alli said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Adopt Me!

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The best way to ensure you stop chopping and changing managers isn't to appoint the youngest, it's the appoint the best available surely? 

Generally true, but also giving said manager time to build HIS team and turn around the mess is critical, something Falkirk never allowed in the past few years either.