Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Can't believe the amount who have voted for Mark McGhee, surely has to be opposing fans.

That's how Pie and Bovril works, I didn't vote on the Raith thread for the most likely option, I voted for the worst/ funniest option.

Please don't question the rules.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Can't believe the amount who have voted for Mark McGhee, surely has to be opposing fans.

It's not a popular opinion, but I thought he improved us after McPake, we were a lot better organised, and barring a dodgy goalkeeper chucking the ball in the net every game, he would have kept us up. IMO.

Thank you.

usual from the usuald6b9609905248142c49a95b05e187d5d.jpg

There’s at least 6 names on there that it absolutely will not be (or would at least be surprising announcements).

McBookie really just pick names out a hat for their manager specials don’t they?

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d do worse than just getting AJ in for a season to get you back up.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

I'd agree with that. At least AJ has won League 1 a couple of times. Murray hasn't won a promotion and was sacked within a year of getting his only full-time gig at St Mirren. 

OK, AJ has a track record in L1, but those post match interviews man ... hats off to the Pars if you go there ... me, I just couldn't take any more of those ...

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I just believe that football management is a thing best undertaken whilst naked.

As it goes, I voted for big Elvis, however I would hope your Board stipulate that the role is better suited to a naturist.

Edited by Scary Bear

16 minutes ago, jagfox said:

image.thumb.png.7c491756f8859f9bc3237a312aa6cadb.png

As if Shaun Maloney would go from scooping up serious wedge at Belgium and less than 6(?)months later be willing to accept what we could offer. McBookie and pretty useless, £100 on anyone would get then shorting the odds to a silly level.

It's the natural next move for Stewart Petrie.  Club leg end.  Already cut his teeth in managing in the seaside league, and got Forfar and Montrose to the playoffs despite not even having a shoestring.
In League 1 you need a different type of manager to what you need in the Championship.  

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

He never even applied bud. Lifting this from the bbc article on his appointment at the time:

"The former West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion coach reveals that the biggest factor in taking the Dunfermline job was the club hierarchy's approach to him, having been impressed with his Alloa side's performances last season despite suffering relegation.

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully.""

Just ludicrous.

Aw I thought you meant he was one of the 80 my bad I misunderstood, but by reading what you put that’s just ridiculous how your board just wanted him 

16 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

There is absolutely not a hope in hell that Dick Campbell applied for the Pars job when you appointed Grant and then Yogi and didn’t get interviewed. The only way that would happen is if he was offered the job on the spot.

No one got interviewed when PG got it.

I'm sure there were several interviews the last time and from what I heard those that interviewed were Kenny Miller, Kettlewell and Yogi. The reason Dick isn't Dunfermline manager now is more to do with some on the board not wanting him (apparently).

Edited by The Toun Clock

I'd agree with this, won the double with Ross County thought he speaks reasonably well on TV about the game.
Kind of forgot he existed and although he wouldn't be in my absolute favourite list he wouldn't be on a list of people to avoid.

Would be quite happy if Dunfermline appoint him tbh. Given the budget at County I thought his side was pretty shit. Our shitshow even put 4 past them that season.

Don't rate the guy at all.